What are the basics of physics and math for high school students?

• Thread starter Ponimin
  • Start date
Ponimin
Hello guys,

my name is Ponimin, call me Poni,i came from Indonesia.
i am 16 years old, I've learned 'bout physics and math but I'm not understand them yet.
so maybe u can help me to understand them as well, i still in high school.. XII grade,,
sorry english is not my native language, so my english is bad, i hope u understand
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Ponimin. :smile:

thanks mrs. borg :biggrin:

Ponimin said:
thanks mrs. borg :biggrin:
I'm definitely not female. :rolleyes:

i;m sorry,, mr.borg :sorry:

Ponimin said:
i;m sorry,, mr.borg :sorry:
No worries. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies! :smile:

1. What is the difference between physics and math?

Physics is a natural science that studies matter, energy, and their interactions. It involves using mathematical equations and models to explain and predict the behavior of physical systems. Math, on the other hand, is a field of study that deals with numbers, quantities, shapes, and their relationships. While physics uses math as a tool, math is a subject in its own right.

2. What are the basic concepts in physics that high school students should know?

High school students should have a basic understanding of concepts such as motion, forces, energy, electricity and magnetism, waves, and the laws of thermodynamics. They should also have a grasp of the scientific method and how it is used in physics to make observations, form hypotheses, and conduct experiments.

3. How does math relate to physics?

Math is essential in physics as it provides the language and tools needed to describe and analyze physical phenomena. It allows us to quantify and make predictions about the behavior of objects and systems in the physical world. Math is used in various areas of physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics.

4. What are some common math skills needed for high school physics?

High school students should have a good understanding of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry to excel in physics. These skills are used to solve equations, graph data, and calculate quantities such as speed, acceleration, and force. Students should also be familiar with basic calculus concepts, such as derivatives and integrals, which are used in more advanced physics topics.

5. How can high school students improve their understanding of physics and math?

One of the best ways for high school students to improve their understanding of physics and math is to practice regularly. They should also make use of online resources, textbooks, and study groups to reinforce their learning. It is also important for students to ask questions and seek help from their teachers or peers when they encounter difficulties. Additionally, engaging in hands-on experiments and real-world applications can help students see the practical applications of physics and math concepts.