Is a Physics Major with a Chemistry Minor a Good Combination for a PhD?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
YoniBE
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello
How is this degree? Is it hard? Is this combination is good?
I would like to do a PhD on physics and for now I know the basics of C++ programming and in the future I want to expand my knowledge with Microsoft courses or something like that..

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Dunno. A Physics major was all that I could handle in 8 semesters. I could not have managed a Chem minor without stretching it out to 10 or more semesters, which I could not afford.

Why not start with just a Physics major, and if you find yourself bored and able to handle more of a course load, add the Chem minor then?

Many students are in fantasy land about how much they are really capable of in a STEM course load.