Is Donald Trump Really Considering a Presidential Run in 2012?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter drankin
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
145 replies · 22K views
WhoWee said:
I think it would be great fun to watch Trump debate Obama.

That could be, but first he'll have to debate Ron Paul, and others. I'm REALLY looking forward to that... thank god for egomania.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
NO! I refuse to support Trump.

1) He is a scam artist who sells books such as "How To Be Rich" and "We Want You To Be Rich"

2) He went from Republican, to Reform, to Independent, to Democrat, to Republican. He is not a true consistent conservative; he is just shifting his sails for an opportunity to increase his fame.

I know he's a household name, and that appeals to apathetic voters, but there is no good reason to vote for him.
 
jduster said:
NO! I refuse to support Trump.

1) He is a scam artist who sells books such as "How To Be Rich" and "We Want You To Be Rich"

2) He went from Republican, to Reform, to Independent, to Democrat, to Republican. He is not a true consistent conservative; he is just shifting his sails for an opportunity to increase his fame.

I know he's a household name, and that appeals to apathetic voters, but there is no good reason to vote for him.

Yep, and he's also got a history of bankrupting himself, then clawing back out... then seemingly making the same errors. Besides... we don't want the White House made over to look like one of Saddam's bathrooms.
 
nismaratwork said:
:smile: (and the following is a compliment)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

Hmmm... I can't seem to embedd the video. :sad:

you only use the part of the URL that identifies which video
 
My guess is that Trump's got the hairdresser, business reality show buff, economic self help book buff, multi-level marketing, and gambler votes at the outset. That's a lot of votes.

He could skew the primary results.
 
Thanks Proton, I've since learned that in the 'Best Songs' threads

@ThomasT: I'd love to see him debate Sarah Palin. :biggrin:
 
nismaratwork said:
@ThomasT: I'd love to see him debate Sarah Palin. :biggrin:
How about a tag team death cage ladder match: Trump and a beauty contestant of his choice vs Rosie O'Donnell and Palin.
 
I could see implementing a tariff on China to counter their artificially devaluing their currency. Other tariffs I think are a bad idea.
 
mheslep said:
So on that basis you argue against tariffs for today's US?

You think tariffs for the U.S. would be a good thing?
 
Gokul43201 said:
Not the number specifically. Just the ideas and their justifications.

For starters, on China: "I see them as the enemy. They want to take over this country economically."

I think they do want to overtake us economically.

And on the OPEC: Of course, there's nobody here that calls them and says, 'Fellows, you better not do it. "

Do these strike you as statements of wisdom?

Not that one.

The statement he continually makes that bugs me is when he says, "This country doesn't make anything anymore" which is not true.
 
CAC1001 said:
The statement he continually makes that bugs me is when he says, "This country doesn't make anything anymore" which is not true.

It's not only off the mark, it's 180 degrees in the opposite direction of reality. Articles:

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/economic...se-the-us-still-leads-in-making-things/2134/"- CBS MoneyWatch

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110220/BIZ01/302200016/Manufacturing-jobs-rise"- Cincinnati.com

Google turned up tons of similar articles, and I've read several along these lines in the Wall Street Journal

So, when Trump makes statements like "This country doesn't make anything anymore," what does that tell you about how badly out of touch with reality he really is?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ThomasT said:
How about a tag team death cage ladder match: Trump and a beauty contestant of his choice vs Rosie O'Donnell and Palin.

I'd pay PPV for that!
 
It's going to be harder to sell the "death to economy" line too, when we just dropped below 9% unemployment.
 
What if Trump were to change his hair style to, say, a very short crewcut requiring little or no maintenance? To some, this might represent a willingness and ability to change, and perhaps the promise of frugalness if elected. To others, flipfloppiness.

How might core components of his base constituency, eg., the hairdresser and comedy lobbies, react?
 
ThomasT said:
What if Trump were to change his hair style to, say, a very short crewcut requiring little or no maintenance? To some, this might represent a willingness and ability to change, and perhaps the promise of frugalness if elected. To others, flipfloppiness.

How might core components of his base constituency, eg., the hairdresser and comedy lobbies, react?

I'd be more impressed if he didn't seem to think that "Saddam Chic" is still in, which is a better reflection in my view of him, than his hair. We're all subject to issues around the body... gilding your... EVERYTHING is usually a bad sign... like the MacDonald Triad. :smile:
 
nismaratwork said:
I'd be more impressed if he didn't seem to think that "Saddam Chic" is still in, which is a better reflection in my view of him, than his hair. We're all subject to issues around the body... gilding your... EVERYTHING is usually a bad sign... like the MacDonald Triad. :smile:
Indeed. One must concur.:smile:
 
WhoWee said:
Here's a phone interview with Trump - he discusses birth certificate and China.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-trump-birther-obama/2011/03/24/id/390681

"“It’s a very simple situation,” Trump says in regard to the birth certificate issue. “I’d just like to see his birth certificate. "

I'd like to see his scalp without that blond racoon he has swirled over it, and find out how he lost in the CASINO business. :biggrin:
 
nismaratwork said:
I'd like to see his scalp without that blond racoon he has swirled over it, and find out how he lost in the CASINO business. :biggrin:

I prefer not to see his scalp. As for the casino - junk bonds can be expensive.

I think he's going to dig in on this birth certificate issue. If you listen to the interview - he's also challenging the "transparency" with regards to transcripts.

Trump makes a reasonable argument. My 16 year old needed to show Dairy Queen her birth certificate - what is the big deal?
 
WhoWee said:
I prefer not to see his scalp. As for the casino - junk bonds can be expensive.

I think he's going to dig in on this birth certificate issue. If you listen to the interview - he's also challenging the "transparency" with regards to transcripts.

Trump makes a reasonable argument. My 16 year old needed to show Dairy Queen her birth certificate - what is the big deal?

Heh, yeah junk bonds... good thing daddy had some $$$ to bail him in and out, in and out.

As for the birth certificate, I just can't take that seriously anymore... it's orders of magnitude less useful than speculating as to how W. might have stolen elections. Still... I was under the impression that he had sufficient proof of live birth.

Why not go further?... Well what's out there is enough IMO to convince a reasonable person, and those who are not reasonable could hardly be impressed by a piece of paper. Something tells me that conspiracy nuts have higher standards of proof than Dairy Queen...

...btw, if your daughter had a full driver's license, no need for the BC. A passport would work too... anyway...

... I get it, he's black, he's half Kenyan, and people are generally more biased and xenophobic than they realize. We've gone from a 2 term president that was as bad as any we've ever had, and more polarizing than any I can think of since Lincoln... to a young black man. Our economy has been in the dumpster, the world is changing, revolutions and war and natural disasters.

People are scared; some decide that the world is ending, and others are less exotic in their fear-fallout. Still, this is one result; it's not rational, not necessarily open to rational discourse, and inevitable. That an egotistical failure of human being like Trump could be anything except a cautionary tale and national joke is a bad sign of the times, and the degree to which the critical thinking of Americans has been compromised.
 
nismaratwork said:
Something tells me that conspiracy nuts have higher standards of proof than Dairy Queen...

...btw, if your daughter had a full driver's license, no need for the BC. A passport would work too... anyway...

Employment related document requirements could have their own thread.
 
Of course, Trump wasn't born in the US either
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20048318-503544.html?tag=pop

To be honest, none of my classmates from high school remember Trump. They all remember me, but none of them remember Trump. Except for that reality TV show, but do we even know that was filmed in the US?
 
Office_Shredder said:
Of course, Trump wasn't born in the US either
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20048318-503544.html?tag=pop

To be honest, none of my classmates from high school remember Trump. They all remember me, but none of them remember Trump. Except for that reality TV show, but do we even know that was filmed in the US?

hmmmm...and on what continent was your school located?:biggrin: