Where is f(x) = lim(x^(2n) - 1)/(x^(2n) + 1) continuous?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Calcotron
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Continuous
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Calcotron
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Well, my first question was answered so I figured I would post the second problem I had problems with. It is:

[tex]f(x) = lim _{n->\infty}\frac{x^{2n} - 1}{x^{2n} + 1}[/tex]

Where is f continuous? My first thought is that it is continuous everywhere since I can't find an x value that would make the bottom part of the fraction 0. Isn't that function 1 at for [tex]\infty < x \leq-1[/tex] or [tex]1 \leq x < \infty[/tex] and -1 otherwise?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lol, let's just pretend this question never happened ok?
 
I take it that means you've solved the question then?