Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is flight without moving parts possible?

1. Yes(definitely)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Borderline(maybe yes, maybe no)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No(improbable)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jan 28, 2013 #1
    As a tenth grader with electronics on the mind, ionocraft is probably one of the most interesting topics I have run across(besides the Casimir effect; that, I believe, is quantum physics). But, what I am truly interested in is whether or not it is possible, with the use of technologies such as microchannel plates or electron multipliers, to produce a viable ionocraft that could actually have a practicle use. Do you think this is possible? Give your opinion(of course, with some reasoning).

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2013 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

We generally do not allow polls in the technical forums here on the PF (as opposed to the General Discussion forum, where polls are generally allowed).

I have closed this thread. Please re-post your question, but not in poll form. Also, you may want to post in the Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace forum instead, which would seem to be a better match for your question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook