Is instagram a free app or a website?

• Thread starter Math10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App
In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between Instagram and Facebook, focusing on their popularity and revenue. It is suggested to look up information on Wikipedia for answers. The article mentions the need for an app to connect to a website and also raises questions about the number of users for each platform and ownership of Instagram.
Math10
Is instagram a free app or a website? Does instagram makes more money than facebook? Is instagram more popular than facebook?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You can look up info on Instagram on Wikipedia which should answer all your questions.

I did look up but couldn't find my answers.

jedishrfu said:
You can look up info on Instagram on Wikipedia which should answer all your questions.

Hm ... why do you suppose that the article, from which you did not get your answers, says that you get it on the app store? Personally, I think that's a clue.

Also, in case you are not aware, apps often work with web sites, so you need the app on your device to connect to the web site.

Math10 said:
I did look up but couldn't find my answers.
Look harder. Frankly, this thread is pathetic.

In particular, how many users does the wiki article say instagram has? How many users does the facebook wiki article say facebook has? Is Instagram its own company or does another company own it?

1. Is Instagram a free app or a website?

Instagram is both a free app and a website. It can be accessed through the app on mobile devices or through the website on a computer.

2. Do I need to pay to use Instagram?

No, Instagram is a completely free platform for users. There are no hidden fees or charges for using the app or website.

3. Can I access Instagram on my computer?

Yes, you can access Instagram on your computer by going to the website and logging in with your account information.

4. Are there any features that are only available on the app or website?

There are some features that are only available on the app, such as filters and editing tools. However, most features can be accessed on both the app and website.

5. Is Instagram safe to use?

Instagram takes measures to ensure the safety and security of its users. However, as with any social media platform, it is important to use caution and be aware of potential risks when sharing personal information.