Looking for a website or app with live chat rooms related to electricity

In summary, the person is looking for a website or app with live chat rooms related to electricity. They mention Electrical Engineering StackExchange as a potential option, but note that they may not get answers to their questions in the chat rooms. They are interested in discussions about installing electrical circuits, introductory electric circuit theory, electromagnetism, and intermediate-level E&M courses. They also mention wanting to watch discussions to identify any gaps in their education. They are directed to a thread on Physics Forums for further discussions on circuits.
Steven Ellet
I am looking for a website or app with live chat rooms related to electricity.

Physics news on Phys.org
Steven Ellet said:
related to electricity
Do you mean installing electrical circuits in your house?
Or introductory electric circuit theory as discussed in first-year university physics or electrical-engineering courses?
Or introductory electromagnetism in general (based on e.g. textbooks like Halliday/Resnick/Walker)?
Or intermediate-level E&M courses based on e.g. Griffiths?
Or what?

Likes Wrichik Basu
jtbell said:
Or what?
I would like to see discussions in action to help me find out what holes my education might have. Then I can do specific searches/education. Also, I think it would be interesting to watch, regardless of my participation or education.

Steven Ellet said:
I would like to see discussions in action to help me find out what holes my education might have. Then I can do specific searches/education. Also, I think it would be interesting to watch, regardless of my participation or education.
We have a ton of threads in our Electrical Engineering forum

Likes Klystron, berkeman and Wrichik Basu

1. What is the purpose of a live chat room related to electricity?

A live chat room related to electricity allows individuals to connect and discuss various topics related to electricity, such as safety, energy efficiency, and new technologies. It also provides a platform for users to ask questions and share knowledge and experiences.

2. Are there any specific websites or apps that offer live chat rooms related to electricity?

Yes, there are several websites and apps that offer live chat rooms related to electricity. Some popular options include Reddit's r/electricians community, The Electrical Forum, and the Electricity Chatroom app.

3. How do I join a live chat room related to electricity?

The process of joining a live chat room related to electricity may vary depending on the specific website or app you choose. Generally, you will need to create an account or sign in with an existing account. Once you are logged in, you can navigate to the chat room section and join a specific room or start a new conversation.

4. Can I ask for professional advice in a live chat room related to electricity?

While live chat rooms related to electricity can be a great resource for information and discussions, it is important to remember that the advice given by other users may not always be accurate or reliable. It is recommended to consult with a licensed electrician for any specific questions or concerns regarding electrical issues.

5. Is there a cost to join a live chat room related to electricity?

The majority of live chat rooms related to electricity are free to join and use. However, some may require a subscription or membership fee for access to certain features or exclusive content. It is recommended to check the terms and conditions of the specific website or app before joining.