Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Is it possible to completely switch personality types?

1. Sep 13, 2014 #1
    Just a couple of months ago, I was a very gregarious, energetic person. Over time, however, I think I've lost some energy. Nowadays, I usually don't like talking at all because I think it's tiring. I just put my headphones on and play music to myself.

I'm a guitarist who has on stage experience, and whenever I played in the past, I was always jumping and running around on stage. I haven't played live since, but when I get the chance, I would probably be sitting down on stage. Nowadays, I sit more than usual.

These days, I'm a lot more wary about social interaction. I keep conversation to the most normal topics, and avoid anything that would cause a lot of excitement. To put it simply, I've become a bit boring!

One more thing: I've become a lot more depressed and cynical. No matter what, I cannot see myself in a good light. 99% of it has to do with my struggle with mental illness (I have OCD).

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2014 #2
    Well, you haven't switched personality types. You're going through a depression.

I've been diagnosed with major depression and it seems to cycle. When I'm really low I suppose it could seem to someone else like my personality had altered.

4. Sep 13, 2014 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

We don't diagnose people online. If you think you have a problem, please see a medical professional. Good luck to you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook