Is the Derivative of f(x)=1/x^3 Correctly Calculated as -3/x^4?

In summary, the conversation is about confirming the correctness of a mathematical statement regarding differentiation and asking if the question belongs in a different forum.
DeusAbscondus
Hello folks,
I simply wish to confirm that the following is correct:

If $f(x)=\frac{1}{x^3}$ then $f'(x)=-\frac{3}{x^{4}}$

Thanks kindly,
DeusAbs

PS Does this most basic of questions properly belong elsewhere; if so, please tell me somone. Perhaps in pre-calculus?

Physics news on Phys.org
DeusAbscondus said:
Hello folks,

Thanks kindly,
DeusAbs

PS Does this most basic of questions properly belong elsewhere; if so, please tell me somone. Perhaps in pre-calculus?

Correct! (Clapping)

DeusAbscondus said:
Hello folks,

Thanks kindly,
DeusAbs

Any questions on differentiation belong in the Calculus forum.

Related to Is the Derivative of f(x)=1/x^3 Correctly Calculated as -3/x^4?

What is beginner calculus?

Beginner calculus is a branch of mathematics that focuses on the study of rates of change and accumulation. It is often considered the foundation for more advanced mathematical concepts such as physics, economics, and engineering.

Why is it important to learn beginner calculus?

Learning beginner calculus can help you understand and solve real-world problems involving rates of change and accumulation. It also lays the groundwork for more advanced mathematical and scientific concepts.

What are the basic concepts in beginner calculus?

The basic concepts in beginner calculus include limits, derivatives, and integrals. Limits describe the behavior of a function as it approaches a certain value, derivatives measure the rate of change of a function, and integrals calculate the area under a curve.

What are some applications of beginner calculus?

Beginner calculus has numerous applications in fields such as physics, economics, engineering, and statistics. Some specific applications include calculating velocity and acceleration, optimizing production and profit, and understanding population growth.

Is beginner calculus difficult to learn?

Like any subject, the difficulty of learning beginner calculus will vary from person to person. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can grasp the basic concepts and applications of beginner calculus.