Is there an errata available for Marion and Thornton's text?

• Thread starter gulfcoastfella
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, the speaker has found a solution to a difficult problem, but it does not match the answer in the book. They mention a solutions manual for the textbook and express relief that it does not provide too many details, allowing them to work through the problem themselves. They also mention that their initial difficulties were due to cutting corners in their calculations.
gulfcoastfella
Gold Member
I've arrived at a solution for a problem, but it doesn't match the back of the book. It's a pretty involved problem, so I don't want to replicate it here, but I feel like my work is pretty solid. Does anyone know if there's an errata available for Marion and Thornton's "Classical Dynamics of Particles and Systems", 5th ed?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't believe so, but there is a solutions manual available somewhere online.

Thanks Sentin3l, I've got the solutions manual. Luckily it doesn't go into too many details on the solutions leaving me to make it work. It turned out that the problem I was having was due to me cutting corners on the math; I wrote the entire monster out and discovered that some things canceled that hadn't before.

Related to Is there an errata available for Marion and Thornton's text?

1. What is an errata?

An errata is a list of corrections or errors found in a published text. It is used to inform readers and users of the text about any mistakes or inaccuracies that may have been made during the publication process.

2. Why is an errata important for Marion and Thornton's text?

An errata for Marion and Thornton's text is important because it helps readers and users of the text to identify and correct any errors or mistakes that may affect their understanding or use of the text. This ensures the accuracy and reliability of the information presented in the text.

3. How can I access the errata for Marion and Thornton's text?

The errata for Marion and Thornton's text can usually be found on the publisher's website or on the author's website. It may also be included in the preface or introduction of the text itself. Additionally, a simple online search for "errata Marion and Thornton text" can provide a direct link to the errata.

4. Who is responsible for creating the errata for Marion and Thornton's text?

The publisher, author, or a team of editors is typically responsible for creating the errata for Marion and Thornton's text. They are responsible for reviewing the text and identifying any errors or mistakes that need to be corrected.

5. How often is the errata for Marion and Thornton's text updated?

The frequency of updates for the errata for Marion and Thornton's text can vary. It depends on the publisher or author's policy and the number of errors or mistakes that are discovered. Some errata may be updated regularly, while others may only be updated when a significant number of errors have been identified.