Is There Detailed Information on the Physics of Objects in Viscous Fluids?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter NoobixCube
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fluid viscous
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
NoobixCube
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Hey all,

I am looking into the physics of an object moving through a viscous fuild. I have had a look searching google, but it only comes up with articles relating the terminal velocity of an object. Are there any detailed sources that anyone knows about?

If so please post a link..


:approve:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That's quite a broad topic- I am surprised you could not find anything of consequence. There's a lot on aerodynamics and hydrodynamics out there. Stokes flow, wind tunnels, Lamb's "Hydrodynamics" (Dover edition), Taylor dispersion, boundary layer separation, vortex shedding, ... the list is quite long.
 
I got 415 hits on google for "swimming in custard", :smile:

but none of them actually seems to go into the physics :redface:​