Solving ln|(1-z)/(z+3)| = (ln|v| + c)2

• Thread starter franky2727
  • Start date
In summary, the process for solving the equation ln|(1-z)/(z+3)| = (ln|v| + c)2 involves using properties of logarithms to rewrite the equation, simplifying the left side using the quotient rule, rewriting the equation using the inverse property of logarithms, and solving for z using algebraic methods. The final solution will depend on the values of v and c, and it is important to check the answer by plugging it back into the original equation.
franky2727
iv egot 1/2ln|(1-z)/(z+3)|=Ln|v|+c
does this go to ln |(1-z)/(z+3)|1/2=Ln|v|+c

which goes to ln|(1-z)/(z+3)|=(ln|v| +c)2

Physics news on Phys.org
No it's not right. a*log(x) = log(x^a), not (log(x))^a.

1. What is the first step in solving ln|(1-z)/(z+3)| = (ln|v| + c)2?

The first step in solving this equation is to use the properties of logarithms to rewrite it as ln|(1-z)/(z+3)| = 2ln|v| + 2c.

2. How do I simplify the left side of the equation?

To simplify the left side, you can use the quotient rule of logarithms, which states that ln(a/b) = ln(a) - ln(b).

3. Can I cancel out the natural logarithm on both sides?

No, you cannot cancel out the natural logarithm on both sides because it is inside the absolute value bars. Instead, you will need to use the inverse property of logarithms to rewrite the equation as |(1-z)/(z+3)| = e^(2ln|v| + 2c).

4. How do I solve for z?

To solve for z, you will need to use algebraic methods to isolate z on one side of the equation. You can start by taking the natural log of both sides and then using properties of logarithms to simplify the equation further.

5. What is the final solution to the equation?

The final solution to the equation will depend on the values of v and c. After simplifying and solving for z, you will likely end up with a complex solution. It is important to check your answer by plugging it back into the original equation to ensure it satisfies the equation.