Is this the correct way to find the antiderivatives?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rowdy3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Antiderivatives
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
rowdy3
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Find the following.
∫ (v^2 - e^(3v)) dv.
I did
∫(V^2-e^(3v)) dv
∫(v^2)dv - I (e^(3v) )dv
∫(v^3)/3- (e^(3v))/3
∫(v^3-e^(3v))/3
Did I so it right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


rowdy3 said:
Find the following.
∫ (v^2 - e^(3v)) dv.
I did
∫(V^2-e^(3v)) dv
∫(v^2)dv - I (e^(3v) )dv
∫(v^3)/3- (e^(3v))/3
∫(v^3-e^(3v))/3
Did I so it right?

Not quite. After you antidifferentiate the integral sign should be gone. Also, you need to include the constant of integration and you should use = to connect expressions that are equal.

∫(v^2-e^(3v)) dv
= ∫(v^2)dv - ∫ (e^(3v) )dv
= (v^3)/3- (e^(3v))/3 + C

This could also be written as
(1/3)v3 - (1/3)e3v + C
or as (1/3)(v3 - e3v) + C