It looks like Tsu will be flying in a MIG

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Flying
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
178 replies · 24K views
scorpa said:
I am counting the days until I can make that happen! For me it would either be a Street Bob, Wide Glide or Springer Softail.
Any of those would be acceptable. I chose the Softail because it has clean lines (similar to a hard-tail) and a Wide-Glide front end.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
My most thrilling sport was white-water kayaking. I had a low-volume squirt boat and in heavy white-water, the darned thing would be submerged due to the low density of the foamy water. There are some really nice rivers up here that are often running at Class IV and V. It's a blast. After a while, my friends kind of lost interest in leaning to run heavier waters in kayaks, switched to canoes, etc, so I sold the boat and spent my weekends on the bike. The most difficult thing to learn was the Eskimo roll. If you're going to run heavy water, you need to learn to roll from either side, and from either the upstream or downstream side. That's important if you should flip in a rocky rapid and you're upside-down in heavy turbulence with boulders coming at your head. A few seconds of that will give you a thrill.
 
Last edited:
I tried jet sking for a couple of years, boy does water hurt, good for leg muscles though.
 
I get queasy just reading this thread. I think a ride on the Teacups would be about all the excitement I could stand.
 
Math Is Hard said:
I get queasy just reading this thread. I think a ride on the Teacups would be about all the excitement I could stand.
You and me both, but I guess there is a reason why Tsu is the pilot for the Supersonic RV. I think we'll be in for some wild rides after this :wink:
 
wolram said:
I :!) soft tails.:smile:
Cue Arildno... :rolleyes: [/size]
 
Come on, find out what kind of airplane ur going up in already! :rolleyes:
 
I won't know until next week... but thinking of Moscow...
 
Oh man, don't even think about spending that kinda cash in Russia. That's a rip off. Its a 30min flight. Give me a break! If you want to go to Russia that bad, bring home a wife, there a lot cheaper.
 
"This isn't like 'Top Gun' school," Mr. Orsos said, explaining that amateurs cannot take the pressure of gravitational forces in a dogfight. "When you are going head to head in a jet fighter, the novice will be blacked out in three seconds."

Pat Moran, the president of an oil exploration company in Houston, did not pass out when he went through the training in Slovakia last June, but he did have a few stomach problems. "I got airsick after the third loop," said Mr. Moran, one of the few Americans to have gone through the MIG training. But airsickness was only a minor bother to Mr. Moran, who said he spent $16,000 for the experience of flying a MIG-29, and would gladly do it again.

"The adrenaline is pumping out your ears," Mr. Moran said. "It was one of the great experiences of my life. The adrenaline keeps burning, but I slept well that night." [continued]
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=travel&res=990CE1DD123DF933A25756C0A963958260
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Oh man, don't even think about spending that kinda cash in Russia. That's a rip off. Its a 30min flight. Give me a break! If you want to go to Russia that bad, bring home a wife, there a lot cheaper.

Cyrus you seem to forget that Ivan is mega rich. blackut 11,000 is like a weeks work for him. :smile:
 
At a total of say 20,000, that amounts to $11 a day for five years. I saved nearly as long for my first motorcycle. :biggrin:

I wonder what will happen when Tsu sees this...
 
wolram said:
Cyrus you seem to forget that Ivan is mega rich. blackut 11,000 is like a weeks work for him. :smile:

We're not rich. :biggrin: You are only considering the good weeks. There are plenty more bad ones than weeks like that.

We are talking about a handful of experiences over one's entire life.
 
You know you can get a ride in a P-51 mustang for $600 bucks.
 
Many people could ride a Mig 29 if they gave up Starbucks for five years.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
You know you can get a ride in a P-51 mustang for $600 bucks.

You can rent a VW at Ugly Duckling Car Rentals. :rolleyes:
 
Hey hey hey, let's show the P-51 the proper respect that it deserves. It has one of the lowest coefficients of drag, even compared to modern airplanes.

cough cough, commie sellout, cough cough...
 
http://www.rdavp.com/Reports/Langley%202004/Langley%20Heritage%20Flight%202004.jpg

:cool:


Russians and their made in Russia junk...:smile:
 
Last edited:
Have you seen the SU30 thrust vectoring? Right near the end of the first segment he'll stand it straight up on it's tail and fly backwards and...backwards. .
http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_Sukhoi_Su-30-Airline_Untitled_Aviation_Video-2738.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen the new F-22? It has thrust vectoring. It might not fly backwards, but it will shoot down the Su-30 before he ever catches sight of the Raptor visually or on radar. It is stealthier than the F-117 Night hawks used in Gulf War 1.
 
You realize of course that this is probably the last generation of piloted fighter aircraft... or nearly so. There is one unpiloted craft that pulls 13 g's or so. They may have even said 20 g's.
 
btw, this isn't about Russian vs US fighters, this is about what one has access to. I would be equally or more thrilled to ride in an F series fighter jet.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
You realize of course that this is probably the last generation of piloted fighter aircraft... or nearly so. There is one unpiloted craft that pulls 13 g's or so. They may have even said 20 g's.

Maybe. With stealth aircraft, who needs to pull 13g's anymore?

UAV's still have a long way to go in terms of reliablity.
 
Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Maybe. With stealth aircraft, who needs to pull 13g's anymore?

It is already known how to defeat stealth.