Is the IU East BA in Natural Science Worth Pursuing?

In summary, the conversation discusses a new titular degree with a concentration in mathematics offered by Indiana University East. The individual asking the question expresses concern over the value of a B.A degree and whether anyone is currently in the program. The respondent shares their experience as a former math major at the university and expresses their belief that the degree may be weak and unfocused based on the required courses.
Gimblestitch
Greetings,

I see that Indiana University East offers the new titular degree with a concentration in mathematics. Is anyone in this program? Is a B. A. degree worth having?

Thanks,

Gimblestitch

Physics news on Phys.org
Gimblestitch said:
Greetings,

I see that Indiana University East offers the new titular degree with a concentration in mathematics. Is anyone in this program? Is a B. A. degree worth having?

Thanks,

Gimblestitch

There's nothing wrong with a B.A degree, that said this B.A degree seems like an associates degree more than a bachelors. The level of math is quite weak.

Thanks. Are you in that program?

Gimblestitch said:
Thanks. Are you in that program?

Nope, just checked the courses required.

okay. I was a maths major there several years ago, but got tired of proofs~

Gimblestitch said:
okay. I was a maths major there several years ago, but got tired of proofs~

You probably have all the Math done then, other than math models. It looks like a really unfocused and weak degree from the course schedule, I wouldn't recommend it.

What is the IU East BA in Natural Science?

The IU East BA in Natural Science is an undergraduate degree program offered by Indiana University East. It is designed to provide students with a comprehensive education in the natural sciences, including biology, chemistry, physics, and environmental science.

What are the admission requirements for the IU East BA in Natural Science?

To be admitted into the program, students must have a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as meet IU East's general admission requirements. They must also have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and have completed high school coursework in biology, chemistry, and math.

Can I complete the IU East BA in Natural Science online?

Yes, the program is available entirely online. This allows students to complete their degree at their own pace and from any location with internet access. However, some courses may have in-person requirements, such as labs, which may need to be completed on campus or at an approved location.

What career opportunities are available with an IU East BA in Natural Science?

Graduates of the program are prepared for a variety of careers in the natural science field, including roles in research, healthcare, environmental consulting, and education. They may also choose to pursue graduate studies in a specific area of natural science.

Are there any extracurricular opportunities for students in the IU East BA in Natural Science program?

Yes, IU East offers various extracurricular opportunities for students in the natural science program, such as research opportunities, internships, and student organizations. These opportunities allow students to gain hands-on experience and network with professionals in their field of interest.