Unleash the Power of Juicing: How Juiceman II Can Revolutionize Your Health

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Power
In summary: If you want a juicer, I highly recommend buying a Breville Juice Fountain. We have had several different juicers over the years, and this is by far the best. It extracts well and is very easy to clean compared to most. If you had an Acme Juicerator like our last juicer, and you didn't like a long, messy clean-up you would never have used it. P.I.T.A.!
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Will juicing really save your life; keep you young; boost your immune system? What is the maximum benefit that can be derived from juicing, and what is the advantage of juicing over direct consumption? What are the disadvantages?

Juiceman II is the quick and easy juicer to help meet your nutritional needs. A few of the benefits of juicing are increased energy, a glowing complexion, strengthened immune system, stronger bones and a reduced risk of disease.

Why pay for bottled juice that may have lost its valuable nutrients when you can enjoy healthier, fresh squeezed, homemade juice with fruits and vegetables growing in your garden or from the farmer's market?

Product includes: 6-Tape Audio Cassette Series, Recipe & Menu Planner, "Tips on Juicing" Cassette Tape, Instruction Manual and Salton-Maxim Coupon Booklet. BONUS: "Juiceman's Power of Juicing" Book by Jay Kordich, Anti-Aging Juice Diet Plan, Immune Strengthening Juice Diet Plan and Weight Loss Juice Diet Plan.
http://www.juicers-juicing.com/juiceman-2.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
When you juice something you lose the beneficial fiber.

Evo said:
When you juice something you lose the beneficial fiber.

Not that I have a clue what his product really does, but I'm not sure if it really just juices, or if it is more of a puree. How else do you juice a carrot?

I'm not sure if drinking it does anything more than make your eyebrows grow really long though. :uhh: :biggrin: (You have to watch the infomercials to get that one.)

But, what's striking me as hilarious is that the ad is using the word "juicing" to talk about the benefits...juicing is slang for using illegal steroids to enhance performance.

A puree would be healthier. The juicers I've seen strain the pulp out and they throw it away.

Evo said:
A puree would be healthier. The juicers I've seen strain the pulp out and they throw it away.

Oh, this one might do that too, now that I watched the infomercial again. For some reason, I thought it was one that promoted keeping the fiber in the "juice." Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Actually, I think a puree would be really nice...likely it would have sort of a smoothie type texture, or throw in some ice cubes for a frozen drink.

A juicer can be pretty good (we have one) but you can't regard the rejected fiber as waste. You can juice carrots, apples, etc and make up some pretty tasty blends, but instead of composting the fiber, consider using them to flavor and bulk up banana breads, zucchini breads, etc. Never give up a reasonable usage of a resource, and never thoughtlessly discard a resource that can still have a productive use. My wife and I have two fairly large compost bins, but there is a whole lot of evaluation about what fruits/vegetables, etc can be salvaged for a higher use, and which must be sacrificed to compost.

The biggest problem with juicers is trying to make something that tastes good. All the fruits were just too sweet for me and the vegetables...mmph...sorry threw up a little bit there. The vegetables are horrible. you'd be suprised how bad juiced kale is. Celery-just as bad. Sometimes you can get lucky and make a concoction that is okay to sip...once. No way can you drink an entire glass of the stuff. In fact the best tasting juice I juiced was steak.
BUT if you do want to get a juicer this Jack Lalane thing is the way to go. It could probably juice a q-tip

One pro to this juicer is the fact that I don't normally eat 6 gigantic carrots in the 2 minutes it takes to drink a pint of carrot juice. Come to think of it, I rarely eat carrots. So, my antique Champion Juicer makes the experience of "EAT YOUR VEGETABLES" a little bit removed and... I say tastier.

If you want a juicer, I highly recommend buying a Breville Juice Fountain. We have had several different juicers over the years, and this is by far the best. It extracts well and is very easy to clean compared to most. If you had an Acme Juicerator like our last juicer, and you didn't like a long, messy clean-up you would never have used it. P.I.T.A.!

Last edited by a moderator:
turbo-1 said:
If you want a juicer, I highly recommend buying a Breville Juice Fountain. We have had several different juicers over the years, and this is by far the best. It extracts well and is very easy to clean compared to most. If you had an Acme Juicerator like our last juicer, and you didn't like a long, messy clean-up you would never have used it. P.I.T.A.!

Cool. But my Champion is a bit like your antique Troy RotoTiller... its made of cast stainless steel and tends to attract a lot of gravity (heh heh) so it doesn't jump around and no one will steal it.

Ah! a gravity-enhanced juicer. Definitely a plus at high revs if it gets unbalanced.

tribdog said:
you'd be suprised how bad juiced kale is.
Nope, I think I would have guessed that ahead of time.

turbo said:

I just bought the Breville Juice Fountain! Looking for a quicker way to get my veggies down. A bag of carrots just takes too long :D

Is this the one you have?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MDHH06/?tag=pfamazon01-20

That's the one! It does a heck of a job on fruits and vegetables, and clean-up is quite easy and fast.

You can try all kinds of combos. Carrots, celery, and apples makes a nice blend. Find fruit and produce on sale? Stock up and make juice. If you are inventive and like cooking, you can find uses for the pulp, though our dog gets his share of that. He loves vegetables and fruits.

A guy at work began to turn a light orange color - his skin actually had a orange tint to it. He consulted a doctor, who told him to stop eating 5 or 6 carrots as his lunch everyday.

I think the pigment in carrots is used in "tanning pills". I wonder if the juice contains it or whether most of it stays with the fibrous material.

Start tinkering, Greg. You'll find some favorites. I like sweet (carrots), tart (celery), and rich (apples) as a starting point, but there a million ways to go with this. My wife likes to use tropical fruits, etc, but I prefer the native stuff.

It helps that I can stock the freezers with raspberries and blackberries and her sister gives us blueberries to freeze. When a juice just doesn't have "punch" you can add frozen berries to the mix and make the juice more tasty.

1. What is Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer?

Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer is a brand of juicer created by fitness and nutrition expert Jack Lalanne. It is designed to extract juice from fruits and vegetables for a healthy and convenient way to get essential vitamins and nutrients.

2. How does Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer work?

The Power Juicer works by using a powerful motor to spin a blade that grinds and separates the juice from the pulp of fruits and vegetables. The juice is then collected in a container while the pulp is discarded.

3. What types of fruits and vegetables can be juiced with Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer?

The Power Juicer is designed to juice a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, including hard and soft produce such as apples, carrots, kale, and even wheatgrass. It is recommended to cut larger fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces for optimal juicing.

4. Is Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer easy to clean?

Yes, the Power Juicer is designed to be easy to clean. It can be disassembled quickly and all the parts are dishwasher safe for convenience. It is important to clean the juicer after each use to prevent buildup and maintain its effectiveness.

5. What are the benefits of using Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer?

Using the Power Juicer can have numerous benefits, including increasing your daily intake of fruits and vegetables, providing essential vitamins and nutrients, and promoting a healthy lifestyle. It can also save time and money by making it easier to consume a variety of produce in a quick and convenient way.

Back