JC found dead by James Cameron

• Thread starter ray b
  • Start date
In summary: The article does a good job of summarizing the content of the documentary, but I think it is missing some key points. First, the documentary does not claim that Jesus did not rise from the dead. Second, the documentary does not claim that Jesus had a brother by the name of Matthew. Third, the documentary does not claim that Jesus had a child.
ray b
from Time CNN

http://time-blog.com/middle_east/

''Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.''

does this change anything?

Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting article. Here's what I found really funny about it.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.​

So...either we have Jesus' DNA on hand, or we happen to know that the Son of God's DNA glows (or does something to distinguish it from ordinary DNA). Contrary to the article, I hope that this does not stir up any titanic debates, because based on the information I'm given, there hasn't been any discovery worthy of a debate. What's equally funny is that according to the tomb, this Jesua had a brother named Matthew. According to the Bible, Jesus didn't even have a brother by that name.

Where's that yawn smiley?

DNA testing? :rofl:

arunma said:
Interesting article. Here's what I found really funny about it.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.​

So...either we have Jesus' DNA on hand, or we happen to know that the Son of God's DNA glows (or does something to distinguish it from ordinary DNA). Contrary to the article, I hope that this does not stir up any titanic debates, because based on the information I'm given, there hasn't been any discovery worthy of a debate. What's equally funny is that according to the tomb, this Jesua had a brother named Matthew. According to the Bible, Jesus didn't even have a brother by that name.

Where's that yawn smiley?

:rofl: But, hey, maybe this will finally convince some of the more stubborn that teaching solid science in the classroom is important. Of course, they themselves will have to realize how nonsensical that claim is and put down their signs protesting the movie before they start lobbying to re-educate the public about science, but I can hope, can't I? :uhh:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: But, hey, maybe this will finally convince some of the more stubborn that teaching solid science in the classroom is important. Of course, they themselves will have to realize how nonsensical that claim is and put down their signs protesting the movie before they start lobbying to re-educate the public about science, but I can hope, can't I? :uhh:

Yeah, I see what you mean. Seems to me that the young earthers and James Cameron have an equally astute grasp of science.

Read my new signature.

also:

We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.
Carl Sagan

ray b said:
from Time CNN

http://time-blog.com/middle_east/

''Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.''

does this change anything?

In the earlier books of The New Testament Jesus' resurrection was purely spiritual, later on the story changes to a physical one as well, but then none of the books are very consistent, and it's impossible to get a clear picture, or even a good time line from them, some texts were written hundreds of years after the facts, if you ask me there's a bit of artistic license with the later Gospels. I think it's not beyond the realms of possibility Jesus had a child, but it seems a bit far fetched to me.

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
I think it's not beyond the realms of possibility Jesus had a child, but it seems a bit far fetched to me.

It seems far fetched to me that he did not. A politician in his prime with a good band of devoted followers, someone who is rather famous in his own time, who has at least one documented groupie, quite likely more (but not something his disciples would write about...) Come on!

out of whack said:
It seems far fetched to me that he did not. A politician in his prime with a good band of devoted followers, someone who is rather famous in his own time, who has at least one documented groupie, quite likely more (but not something his disciples would write about...) Come on!

There's no mention though, unless of course the details were edited out, the Gospel of the Twelve for example a gospel attributed to John whilst he was detained by the Romans(unlike the others who's authors are unknown, a text dated to about 70 years AD, although it is buried in church Archives.)

It is written in Aramaic rather than the lingua franca of Greek of the later texts, the language of Jesus, and it also makes no mention of a child, it's also in its original state as far as can be maintained, it was removed from the area and held in another country for thousands of years, where it was eventually found by a scholar; on presentation to the Catholic Church they were overjoyed that such a text that corroborated much of there story had been found, unfortunately it claimed Jesus was a vegetarian, and that he spoke against excessive consumption of wine. The first elision was attributed to Constantine, who liked his wine, the second is also somewhat inconvenient, other than that though it was pretty much similar to the Gospels and it's carbon dating puts it with a margin of error close to Christ's life.

If it wasn't for the diligence of a Hungarian Scholar it may have remained buried in the archives forever, it is not considered apocryphal or anything in fact, as it's a bit of an embarrassment to the Catholic Church, you can find it here.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/ght_table_of_contents.htm

The Sermon on the Mount:Part I

1. Iesus seeing the multitudes, went up into a mountain: and when he was seated, the twelve came unto him, and he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said:
2. Blessed in spirit are the poor, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
3. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of God.
4. Yea, blessed are ye, when men shall hate you’ and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven; for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
5. Woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received in this life your consolation. Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. Woe unto you when all men shall speak well of you’ for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
6. Ye are the salt of the earth, for every sacrifice must be salted with salt, but if the salt have lost its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot.
7. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is built on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Parent who is in heaven.
8. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and Earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from the law or the prophets till all be fulfilled. But behold One greater than Moses is here. and he will give you the higher law, even the perfect Law, and this Law shall ye obey.
9. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these commandments which he shall give, and shall teach men so, they shall be called the least in the kingdom; but whosoever shall do, and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of Heaven.
10. Verily they who believe and obey shall save their souls, and they who obey not shall lose them. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall, exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees ye shall not enter the kingdom of Heaven.
11. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee, leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
12. Agree with thine adversary quickly, while thou art in the way with him; lest at any time thy adversary deliver thee to the Judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto thee. Thou shalt by no means come out thence till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
13. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you.
14. Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. That ye may be the children of your Parent Who maketh the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the Just and on the unjust.
15. For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners even do the same. And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even so the taxgatherers?
16. And if a desire be unto thee as thy life, and it turn thee from the truth, cast it out from thee, for it is better to enter life possessing truth, than losing it, to be cast into outer darkness.
17. And if that seem desirable to thee which costs another pain or sorrow, cast it out of thine heart; so shalt thou attain to peace. Better it is to endure sorrow, than to inflict it, on those who are weaker.
18. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Parent Who is in heaven is perfect.

Pretty similar huh? Who knows it may have even been a source text, since it predates all the other books of the New testament...

The Nazarenes or Essenes are a Jewish religious group who have a temple in the Holy city, there extreme piety and there "unusual" beliefs take account of many text considered "unreliable" or even heretical by the Church.

The Gospel of St Thomas for example being particularly inconvenient and of course heretical/apocryphal, you may remember Stigmata a wholly made up film, but the quotes in that are from this Gospel,it's considered spurious as it never mentions any miracles or a crucifixion and it also maintains that to speak to God you need no institutions. But then I digress.

Last edited:
There's no mention though, unless of course the details were edited out

Sure, but for many reasons a birth outside of wedlock would not be reported. I understand Joseph considered ditching Mary when he found out she was pregnant. They eventually ran out of town in shame. The story is rather fuzzy.

Was anything written about any female follower a few months after Jesus' death? Disciples were interested in the life of Jesus, not of any female companion. If any gave birth, who would know and want to tell anyone so long before Jerry Springer?

Sometimes you have to fight liars with lies.

out of whack said:
Sure, but for many reasons a birth outside of wedlock would not be reported. I understand Joseph considered ditching Mary when he found out she was pregnant. They eventually ran out of town in shame. The story is rather fuzzy.

Was anything written about any female follower a few months after Jesus' death? Disciples were interested in the life of Jesus, not of any female companion. If any gave birth, who would know and want to tell anyone so long before Jerry Springer?

You could check out the Gospel of Mary Magdellen? No mention there either.

http://www.webcom.com/gnosis/library/marygosp.htm [Broken]

I'm kind of considering it dubious until I see some sort of evidence.

Crosson said:
Sometimes you have to fight liars with lies.

The church are liars, so therefore anything that contradicts them must be lies? I don't follow? You've got to remember this only differs on two points that Constantine, who was anti Christian at first is reputed to have changed, it's hardly the basis for calling it all lies? I think the Nicene council elided the text in accordance with his wishes, and I think this provoked embarrassment amongst the Catholics when they got caught out.

There are other elisions that are more obvious, such as Jesus placing John above himself, and then the text changing to say that in the kingdom of heaven he is less than everyone else. Neatly sidestepping the original Greek, let's not forget Jesus was originally a disciple of John.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a hidden treasure map in the binding of the bible.

http://pressurecooker.phil.cmu.edu/Jesus/buddy.jpg [Broken]

cyrusabdollahi said:
There was a hidden treasure map in the binding of the bible.

http://pressurecooker.phil.cmu.edu/Jesus/buddy.jpg[/QUOTE] [Broken]

Now the buddy Christ says it all, just follow that you damn heretics?:rofl:

1. Who is JC and how was he found dead by James Cameron?

JC stands for John Connor, the main character in the Terminator movies. He was found dead by James Cameron, the director of the first two Terminator films, in the alternate ending of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

2. Why was James Cameron the one to find JC dead?

James Cameron was chosen to find JC dead in the alternate ending of Terminator 2: Judgment Day because he was the director of the film and had creative control over the story.

3. Is the alternate ending where JC is found dead by James Cameron canon?

No, the alternate ending of Terminator 2: Judgment Day was not used in the final cut of the film and is not considered canon. It was included as a special feature in some DVD releases.

4. What was the reason for including the alternate ending where JC is dead?

The alternate ending was included as a way to leave the fate of JC open-ended and to show the potential consequences of time travel and altering the course of history.

5. Was there any significance or symbolism behind JC being found dead by James Cameron?

Some fans have speculated that the alternate ending could be seen as a metaphor for the end of the Terminator franchise and the control that James Cameron had over its direction. However, this has not been confirmed by the filmmakers.

Back