1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job opportunities with a Physics Masters

1. Jul 17, 2010 #1
    I'm thinking about what course I'm going to do at university, and Physics has always been interesting to me.

Anyway, I'm wondering what sort of jobs you can get if you come out of university with a masters in Physics? I'm thinking of either doing straight up physics or theoretical physics at the moment (I don't actually have to decide between the two until year 2 of the course), but since the careers advice office at our school is pathetic, I'd though i'd come here.

I don't really have a clue as to what I could do with a physics degree to be honest. I was thinking something like CERN, but that's the only thing I can think of. I'm really in to Physics, but I haven't really got much knowledge on different research groups etc.

Also, what's the money like for these sort of jobs?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted