Jobs that use sine and cosine regularly

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter SHouse
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
SHouse
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello I am new here and I just need to know for my math homework what are some occupations that require using Sine and Cosine on a daily basis. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Engineers (and, possibly, Sinologists..:wink:)
 
Is a mathematician too obvious of a choice?

What about surveyors? The guys who set up those little telescopes and wear orange vests and take lots of notes. Lots of geometry involved there.
 
arildno said:
(and, possibly, Sinologists..:wink:)

Oh, that's just terrible! :-p

Yes, definitely engineers and mathematicians. Add to that machinists, carpenters, physicsists, and surveyors.
 
I know a guy who was a tool and die maker and he informed me he was knowledgeable in sins and cosins.