1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

John Titor

1. Nov 11, 2006 #1
    John Titor is the alias of someone who claimed to be a time traveler. Around 2000 - 2001 this person posted a series of messages on discussion boards telling about why he was here along with pictures of the supposed time machine, including pages of the manual. He also explained a great deal about how it worked (see the pictures at the bottom of this page).

I do not have any physics education but I know the basics of most theories, and to me his explanations sounded very reasonable. I am interested what people with actual knowledge in the field would think about it.

I am not interested in hardcore debunkers that can even prove the earth isn't actually round, only objective and honest thoughts please.

His original thread posts can be found here: http://www.anomalies.net/time_travel/Iamfrom2036.html

Neatly archived info about the John Titor story story

John Titor on wikipedia

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2006 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It's absolute crap and it's been discussed ad nauseum and debunked.

4. Nov 11, 2006 #3
    Topic locked without help?

If my Titor topic is locked because it has been debunked, I can accept that, but I would apriciate a link to the particular thread or conclusion. This doesn't help me one bit!

I find it absolutely rude and unhelpfull to just state it is crap and close any further discussion without helping me one step further...! :grumpy:

Please help me instead of locking or removing this thread.

5. Nov 11, 2006 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

6. Nov 11, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Kirl, anytime you post a thread on an existing topic, it will be locked or deleted. Also, I wasn't being rude, I was being accurate, there's a difference.

I was going to add the links which you failed to l;ook for, but the phone rang.

7. Nov 11, 2006 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's more, Titor is specifically listed as a closed subject in the S&D posting guidelines.

8. Nov 11, 2006 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As a new member, you should read the posting guidelines before posting.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5929

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?