Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

John Titor

1. Nov 11, 2006 #1
    John Titor is the alias of someone who claimed to be a time traveler. Around 2000 - 2001 this person posted a series of messages on discussion boards telling about why he was here along with pictures of the supposed time machine, including pages of the manual. He also explained a great deal about how it worked (see the pictures at the bottom of this page).

I do not have any physics education but I know the basics of most theories, and to me his explanations sounded very reasonable. I am interested what people with actual knowledge in the field would think about it.

I am not interested in hardcore debunkers that can even prove the earth isn't actually round, only objective and honest thoughts please.

His original thread posts can be found here: http://www.anomalies.net/time_travel/Iamfrom2036.html

Neatly archived info about the John Titor story story

John Titor on wikipedia

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2006 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It's absolute crap and it's been discussed ad nauseum and debunked.

4. Nov 11, 2006 #3
    Topic locked without help?

If my Titor topic is locked because it has been debunked, I can accept that, but I would apriciate a link to the particular thread or conclusion. This doesn't help me one bit!

I find it absolutely rude and unhelpfull to just state it is crap and close any further discussion without helping me one step further...! :grumpy:

Please help me instead of locking or removing this thread.

5. Nov 11, 2006 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

6. Nov 11, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Kirl, anytime you post a thread on an existing topic, it will be locked or deleted. Also, I wasn't being rude, I was being accurate, there's a difference.

I was going to add the links which you failed to l;ook for, but the phone rang.

7. Nov 11, 2006 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's more, Titor is specifically listed as a closed subject in the S&D posting guidelines.

8. Nov 11, 2006 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As a new member, you should read the posting guidelines before posting.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5929

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?