Katrina commision

• News
  • Thread starter 1123581321
  • Start date
Pengwuino said:
Well I had seen this...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/4/124905.shtml

and was confused as to what happened. I guess this article is false or something.
She was asked to sign a document giving full control to the federal government. Which would have meant federalization of the disaster. This has never happened before, and essentialy would have been martial law. The federal government then could have blamed everything that went wrong on her or anyone. Also what the federal government did or didn't do with the military would have been kept secret.

Why would the feds do this? They knew there was a good chance that the leeves would break and didn't want to be involved. They knew she would not sign that document.

Her rufusal to sign in no way relieved the federal government and the Department of Homeland Security, from their obligations in regards to her request for help.

Last edited:
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Manchot said:
Yeah, well maybe you shouldn't spend your time reading crackpot "news" sites. That site is worse than Fox.
Oh, so its like the BBC? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just kidding of course.
Smurf still sucks!

Last edited:
Skyhunter
Pengwuino said:
Oh, so its like the BBC? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just kidding of course.
Smurf still sucks!
Just a little constructive criticism;

When are you going to get a clue?

If you are only open to half the argument, and the extreme half at that, you will never be able to look at an issue objectively.

No, because the BBC is considered to be credible. Any idiot who can use Google can find a crackpot site to support pretty much any theory. Personally, I believe that the Earth is flat. This site supports me.

The Department of Homeland Security was the responsible entity here.
This could just as easily been a bungled response to a terrorist attack.
There must be an investigation.

Last edited:
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Skyhunter said:
If you are only open to half the argument, and the extreme half at that, you will never be able to look at an issue objectively.
ha, wanna see extreme views? Go look at your past posts.

Skyhunter
Pengwuino said:
ha, wanna see extreme views? Go look at your past posts.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thousands of American citizens are dead because of incompetence, and you don't want an investigation? Is that because you're worried what the investigation might find?

I thought that investigations of this sort of thing happened anyway and that it is only when the agencies involved aren't trusted that a higher up commision is put together.

Art
1 said:
What are your opinions?
I think the relatives of the victims have a right to know what went wrong, why it went wrong and the identities of those responsible.

I also believe it is essential it should be a thorough independent investigation such as a judicial inquiry to keep politics to a minimum with a brief to have the investigation complete within 6 months.

The outcome of this should be a detailed timeline of events with a detailed analysis of who did what and when. the report should include a list of recommendations detailing what needs to be done to prevent a repeat and if warranted recommendations of criminal charges for negligence against those who did not perform their duties in a responsible manner.

Without such an inquiry the blame game will simply rumble on, incompetents will remain in their jobs and no lessons will be learned from this disaster thus leaving the country open to the same happening again.

Last edited by a moderator: