Kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage

• Thread starter gpriyavct
  • Start date
Looking For Help to derive the kinematic equation for the 4-bar linkage shown; (to find the angular position of the cylinder at different values of theta )

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Looking For Help to derive the kinematic equation for the 4-bar linkage shown; (to find the angular position of the cylinder at different values of theta )

Welcome to the PF. What is the context of your question? Is it for a school project?

i didnt get ur question

Last edited:
berkeman
Mentor
yes i need an help to solve this...

Okay. Thread moved from ME to the schoolwork section of the PF. What are the relebant equations in approaching a problem like this? Can you show us how you are setting up the equations to solve the problem?

no move to ME itself

berkeman
Mentor
no move to ME itself

No. Show your attempt at a solution. We do not do your homework/coursework for you here. That's part of the PF Rules (see the link at the top of the page).

berkeman
Mentor

That's weird -- where did your diagram go?

Here i attached the schematic diagram of 4 bar mechanism.

We are working on design automation for fixture design for that purpose we need to solve this kinematic equation.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

Here i attached the schematic diagram of 4 bar mechanism.

We are working on design automation for fixture design for that purpose we need to solve this kinematic equation.

Attachments

• KBE-3.JPG
    KBE-3.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 485
sir i cant able to view my question thats y i added there, plz help me to view my question to all viewers

berkeman
Mentor
sir i cant able to view my question thats y i added there, plz help me to view my question to all viewers

Show us your free body diagrams for the linkage. Show us your equations that you derive from the FBDs. We don't do your work for you here at the PF.

here i have attached the free diagram as well as main diagram, from that we need to find the equation from the given data, please see both the attachment, now totally i have attached 3 drawings in jpeg file......

Attachments

• KBE-4.JPG
    KBE-4.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 464
  • BOE_Clamp_Set_Up_Ref.jpg
    BOE_Clamp_Set_Up_Ref.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 471