1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kinematic equation for 4-bar linkage

1. Dec 3, 2009 #1
    Looking For Help to derive the kinematic equation for the 4-bar linkage shown; (to find the angular position of the cylinder at different values of theta )

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. What is the context of your question? Is it for a school project?

4. Dec 6, 2009 #3
    i didnt get ur question

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  5. Dec 6, 2009 #4

berkeman

Okay. Thread moved from ME to the schoolwork section of the PF. What are the relebant equations in approaching a problem like this? Can you show us how you are setting up the equations to solve the problem?

6. Dec 7, 2009 #5
    no move to ME itself

7. Dec 7, 2009 #6

berkeman

No. Show your attempt at a solution. We do not do your homework/coursework for you here. That's part of the PF Rules (see the link at the top of the page).

8. Dec 7, 2009 #7

berkeman

That's weird -- where did your diagram go?

9. Dec 8, 2009 #8
    Here i attached the schematic diagram of 4 bar mechanism.

We are working on design automation for fixture design for that purpose we need to solve this kinematic equation.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  10. Dec 15, 2009 #9
    Hi Friends,

Here i attached the schematic diagram of 4 bar mechanism.

We are working on design automation for fixture design for that purpose we need to solve this kinematic equation.

Attached Files:

11. Dec 16, 2009 #10
    sir i cant able to view my question thats y i added there, plz help me to view my question to all viewers

12. Dec 16, 2009 #11

berkeman

Show us your free body diagrams for the linkage. Show us your equations that you derive from the FBDs. We don't do your work for you here at the PF.

13. Dec 17, 2009 #12
    here i have attached the free diagram as well as main diagram, from that we need to find the equation from the given data, please see both the attachment, now totally i have attached 3 drawings in jpeg file......

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook