LateX Troubleshooting: Is It Me or the Site?

In summary, it seems that you deleted the blog entry, and the equation displayed doesn't match the LateX code.
kuruman
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
Could someone who understands the complexities of this site look into my blog posting "LateX Trial - Nothing Interesting here", examine the displayed equation then click on it to display the LateX code? When I do this, the displayed equation does not match the code. Is it me? And if it is, any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
kuruman said:
Could someone who understands the complexities of this site look into my blog posting "LateX Trial - Nothing Interesting here", examine the displayed equation then click on it to display the LateX code? When I do this, the displayed equation does not match the code. Is it me? And if it is, any suggestions?
It seems that you have deleted that particular blog entry.

Thank you for your response Hootenanny. I probably deleted the entry in a moment of frustration. So the fact that I can still see it under my "Your Blog" option doesn't necessarily mean that everybody else can? If I delete an entry does this mean that it is gone but not forgotten? Is there a way that I can look at my blog and see what the rest of the world sees?

I can't see it either, with no hint of it being there at all. Is there anything in your view that is different about it to let you know it has been successfully deleted, such as a color change or notation?

I see nothing special in the view. I have appended a screen capture below. The curious thing is that the displayed equation is my last LateX creation in response to a homework help thread. The LateX equation shown has changed since I created this entry. It looks like this invisible (to you) entry shares some kind of buffer or clipboard with my other entries and automatically updates itself. A screen capture of the unseen blog is attached as UnseenBlog.jpg

I should point out that if I try to get rid of this unseen blog by using the "Physically remove" option, I am told that I cannot do it (see attachment NoRemove.jpg). I have no problem with not being able to remove my own entries, if that's how the site is set up. However, if I cannot remove said entry and it is reportedly invisible to site admins and mentors, then how on Earth can one ever get rid of the stupid thing? Curiouser, and curiouser ...

Attachments

• UnseenBlog.jpg
    UnseenBlog.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 404
  • NoRemove.jpg
    NoRemove.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 409
Never mind. I figured it out. It was a draft blog entry that showed up with the rest of the blog entries. That is why nobody could see it. Thank you all for your patience.

Related to LateX Troubleshooting: Is It Me or the Site?

1. Why is my LaTeX code not rendering properly on the site?

There could be several reasons for this. Make sure you are using the correct syntax and commands for the site you are using. Also, check for any missing or extra curly brackets, as they can cause issues with rendering. Finally, some sites may have compatibility issues with certain packages or commands, so try using a simpler version of your code.

2. Why does my LaTeX code work on some sites but not others?

Different sites may have different versions of LaTeX or may have different packages installed. This can cause variations in how your code is rendered. Make sure to check the site's documentation or forums for any known compatibility issues or differences in syntax. You may also need to adjust your code to work on different sites.

3. How do I troubleshoot an error message in LaTeX?

First, carefully read the error message to identify the specific issue. Most errors will include a line number, which can help pinpoint where the error is occurring. Check for any missing or extra brackets, typos, or incorrect syntax. If you are still unable to find the issue, try searching for the error message online or asking for help on forums or communities dedicated to LaTeX troubleshooting.

4. Why is my LaTeX document not compiling on the site?

There are several reasons why a LaTeX document may not compile on a site. Check for any missing or extra packages that may be required for your code to run. Also, make sure you are using the correct document class for the site. If you are using any external files or images, ensure that they are properly linked and accessible. Finally, check for any typos or syntax errors that may be causing the compilation to fail.

5. How can I make my LaTeX code more compatible with different sites?

One way to make your code more compatible is to use simpler syntax and avoid using packages that may not be supported on all sites. You can also try compiling your code on different sites to see if it works properly. Additionally, make sure to regularly check the site's documentation or forums for any updates or changes that may affect the compatibility of your code.