Leaving Materialism for a Friendly, Enlightened Life

• Thread starter stoned
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the person wants to move away from the United States because they are unhappy with the materialistic and money-obsessed culture. They also mention that they are vegan, so they might have a difficult time finding a place that is tolerant of that lifestyle. They also mention Borneo as a possible location, as it is a warm, non-violent, and enlightened country.
booze is expensive (200%+ tax i think) but smokes are quite cheap (RM6.50=USD1.++ ) and no public drinking in Kelantan state.

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
We're almost ready. Hang on...

Quick, Moonbear! Bake us a cake. You know... the kind with the 'special' fillling... :wink:

You're going to have to be a little more specific. I have a full menu of special cake fillings. Do you need something to sedate the police, to create a diversion, to entertain with, or to break out of jail?

maybe a cake with a file in it...

Moonbear said:
You're going to have to be a little more specific. I have a full menu of special cake fillings. Do you need something to sedate the police, to create a diversion, to entertain with, or to break out of jail?
I don't know the circumstances yet, so we'd better go for the 'Deluxe'. About 10 kilos of C4, a supressed Colt Woodsman w/ a couple of hundred rounds, some flash-bangs and smoke grenades, a bottle of Guervo... :rolleyes:

hypatia said:
maybe a cake with a file in it...
Are you sure you're in Detroit? You don't seem very militant.

Danger said:
I don't know the circumstances yet, so we'd better go for the 'Deluxe'. About 10 kilos of C4, a supressed Colt Woodsman w/ a couple of hundred rounds, some flash-bangs and smoke grenades, a bottle of Guervo... :rolleyes:

Okay, but the Deluxe is expensive. I charge extra for live ammo...hazard pay you know. Gotta keep the oven temperature just right, or else it takes me weeks to clean the cake off every surface of the kitchen, and the kevlar apron and oven mitts were pretty pricey too, so I need to recover some of that cost.

Moonbear said:
Okay, but the Deluxe is expensive. I charge extra for live ammo...hazard pay you know. Gotta keep the oven temperature just right, or else it takes me weeks to clean the cake off every surface of the kitchen, and the kevlar apron and oven mitts were pretty pricey too, so I need to recover some of that cost.
Kevlar apron and mitts -- Wow, now that's a woman! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Money's no problem. We have a little package that we can sell...

2CentsWorth said:
Kevlar apron and mitts -- Wow, now that's a woman!
She must have found out the same way I did about putting tuna in the microwave.

Are you sure you're in Detroit? You don't seem very militant

smile, nod and winks. want me to make you a zip gun?

Danger said:
She must have found out the same way I did about putting tuna in the microwave.
Yeah, you're supposed to take it out of the can first. :tongue:

hypatia said:
smile, nod and winks. want me to make you a zip gun?
Got lots, thanks. I pretty much gave up on them when I hit my teens. I did come up with a very nice little deal that fires 18 rounds of 20mm HE/I armour-piercing and can be carried in a holster. (Really.):devil:

Evo said:
Yeah, you're supposed to take it out of the can first.
Then why didn't it say so on the label? :grumpy:

Sir, please step up out of your seat and close your internet connection, we are going to take a little trip down to the station... :devil:

I am a police officer and you will respect my AUTHORITAAH!

p.s. (man that episode was one of my favorites, chicken fu:rolleyes:ker )

Last edited:
Danger said:
Then why didn't it say so on the label? :grumpy:

*checks label on tuna can* Well, what do you know, it doesn't say that on the label. Well, that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. It also doesn't say to not put the can in the microwave. How can they be so irresponsible as to not anticipate someone might try that? :rofl:

Moonbear said:
*checks label on tuna can* Well, what do you know, it doesn't say that on the label. Well, that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. It also doesn't say to not put the can in the microwave. How can they be so irresponsible as to not anticipate someone might try that? :rofl:
I don't know, but somebody is buying me a new oven. :grumpy:

I understand the directions for heating pop tarts are quite extensive, so you may have a case.

2CentsWorth said:
I understand the directions for heating pop tarts are quite extensive, so you may have a case.
I thought we left Jessica Simpson on a different thread...

Moonbear said:
What's wrong with them. Moet instructs folks to remove the label from their bottle of champagne before microwaving.

Of course, I found the warning on Bowl Fresh much more useful than instructions on microwaving champagne. Bowl Fresh warning: "Safe to use around pets and children, although it is not recommended that either be permitted to drink from toilet."

The warning on the toilet plunger probably saved my life: "Do not use near power lines."

"Do not use near power lines."
Then how do you get the squirrls off them?

hypatia said:
Then how do you get the squirrls off them?

Getting squirrels off of plungers is easy, just throw the kids at them.

franznietzsche said:
Getting squirrels off of plungers is easy, just throw the kids at them.
Where's your sense of practicality? I just leave them on there and use them as scrub brushes.

Thanks for your "help" people :grumpy:

stoned said:
Thanks for your "help" people :grumpy:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I remember the time when we could stay on topic for more than 2 pages in GD.

Smurf said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I remember the time when we could stay on topic for more than 2 pages in GD.
You got to be kidding...

Nope, It was a while ago, but it happened. Seems amazing now doesn't it?

Danger said:
Where's your sense of practicality? I just leave them on there and use them as scrub brushes.

All sorts of crazy cartoon images are coming to mind here. Do you leave the kids or the squirrels on? I'm sure those brushy tails squirrels have would do well for scrubbing toilets. Now that's a household tool the Flintstones were missing. :biggrin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Personally, I don't think stoned knows what he wants. He's probably a materialistic person himself. He just names countries off the top of his head without realizing how much worse they are.

He hasn't even mentionned Japan yet!

Nice people are everywhere, but if you're going to be an anti-social kind of person who can only see what the media shows them, than I guess you're screwed.

Smurf said:
Nope, It was a while ago, but it happened. Seems amazing now doesn't it?:
Amazing, hell! It seems impossible.

Moonbear said:
Do you leave the kids or the squirrels on?
Squirrels, of course. No kids allowed in my house.

Moonbear said:
I'm sure those brushy tails squirrels have would do well for scrubbing toilets.
And when one wears out, I just pickle the head and make Lucy a new jacket out of the pelt.

Moonbear said:
Now that's a household tool the Flintstones were missing.
I'm sure that someone who's never seen 'Hogan's Heroes' wouldn't know this, but no TV bathrooms had toilets in those days. The first time one was even heard was on 'All In the Family' in the 70's. (And even married couples had to sleep in twin beds, or one of them had to have at least one foot on the floor at all times.) :eek: "The times, they are a'changing."

JasonRox said:
Personally, I don't think stoned knows what he wants. He's probably a materialistic person himself. He just names countries off the top of his head without realizing how much worse they are.
My advice would be to join the Peace Corps. That would provide the ultimate in anti-materialistic, nature-dependant living. I suspect the experience will give him an appreciation for the merrits of western society.

JasonRox said:

He hasn't even mentionned Japan yet!

Nice people are everywhere, but if you're going to be an anti-social kind of person who can only see what the media shows them, than I guess you're screwed.

Now you make me feel like I'm some kinda loser from hAmerica,what did I do ?
By the way, Japan rules Man !
Hey Russ ? Peace Corps Hmm ? any hot chicks there ?

stoned said:
Hey Russ ? Peace Corps Hmm ? any hot chicks there ?
Well, I don't know how hot, but you'll certainly be offered all the chicks you can handle (though I'd recommend against taking them up on the offer...). A couple of friends of mine (married to each other) joined and the guy was constantly offered women by the villagers they lived with.

russ_watters said:
... and the guy was constantly offered women by the villagers they lived with.

That sounds good to me :tongue2: off to peace corps we go.thanks Russ.

stoned said:
That sounds good to me :tongue2: off to peace corps we go.thanks Russ.
So much for anti-materialism... :rolleyes:

i don't care about money,cars etc,but when I see preety girl that is a different matter.

stoned said:
i don't care about money,cars etc,but when I see preety girl that is a different matter.
A few more things...I don't think the Peace Corp is known for weed, unless it's a part of a CIA front for and Iran-Contra type operative...? Hmmm...Stoned could provide a perfect cover.

Smurf said:
A Canadian "thread-jack?" This subversive activity is so not like you. :confused: