Lecture videos of Theoretical physics

In summary, a website called the International Center for Theoretical Physics offers useful lecture videos through a technology called EyA, which creates high quality images of the blackboard every 6 seconds. However, the blackboard in the videos is often blurry and difficult to see. The speaker suggests that there may be a better way to watch the videos, such as downloading the images. Additionally, there is a zip package available on the lecture page that includes the photos, although it is currently unavailable but will be back soon.
zahero_2007
Hi guys , I found a lot of incredibly useful lecture videos provided by the international center for theoretical physics see http://www.ictp.tv/ However there is one problems . They use a technology called EyA to view the lectures.It creates high quality images of the black board every 6 seconds so that you can zoom in whatever you want however the blackboard in the video is very blurred and you can't see anything on it .I wonder if there exists a better way to watch the videos like downloading the images etc

Physics news on Phys.org
I sigh every time I see a lecture poorly encoded. For 200MB-300MB per lecture it should be of much higher quality than it is.

As for lecture photos of the blackboard, on the lecture page where you have links to the quicktime and flash video lectures there is also a zip package (which right now it says is unavailable, but will be back in a few days) which I am assuming has the photos included.

1. What topics are typically covered in lecture videos of theoretical physics?

The topics covered in lecture videos of theoretical physics vary, but they often include classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, and relativity.

2. Are these lecture videos suitable for beginners?

While the level of difficulty may vary, most lecture videos of theoretical physics are designed for students with some background knowledge in mathematics and physics. However, there are also introductory videos available for beginners.

3. Can I access these lecture videos for free?

It depends on the platform hosting the videos. Some websites offer free access to lecture videos of theoretical physics, while others may require a subscription or payment for access.

4. How long are these lecture videos?

The length of lecture videos of theoretical physics can vary from a few minutes to several hours. It depends on the topic being covered and the instructor's teaching style.

5. Are there any interactive elements in these lecture videos?

Some lecture videos of theoretical physics may include interactive elements such as quizzes, simulations, or demonstrations. However, this may vary depending on the platform or instructor.