Lifting with Air: A Compact Board for the Future

In summary: I also think it would be a good idea to put a skirt on the hoverboard to make sure the coanda effect doesn't go away.
trenton420l
TL;DR Summary
I am trying to make a hoverboard at home. Here's tge design I need to get specially made helicopter blades where can I get that and would it be possible to make blades big enough and small engh to fit underneath a board without sticking out and being able to keep the board compact I would also need help getting a specially designed board to fit stuff in it. Could I cover the he'll blades so won't get hurt somehow? I also will use the coanda effect inside the board would that work
I want the board to use air to lift itself of with the coanda effect which is when air sticks at the bottom of somthing and proppels it upwards along with specially designed heliblades.l and I want somthing to cover tge blades and make it safe and I want it be compact like back invite future or as close as possible

Attachments

• 16025239885092082706653982257199.jpg
    16025239885092082706653982257199.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 248
Physics news on Phys.org
trenton420l said:
Summary:: I am trying to make a hoverboard at home. Here's tge design I need to get specially made helicopter blades where can I get that and would it be possible to make blades big enough and small engh to fit underneath a board without sticking out and being able to keep the board compact I would also need help getting a specially designed board to fit stuff in it. Could I cover the he'll blades so won't get hurt somehow? I also will use the coanda effect inside the board would that work

I want the board to use air to lift itself of with the coanda effect which is when air sticks at the bottom of somthing and proppels it upwards along with specially designed heliblades.l and I want somthing to cover tge blades and make it safe and I want it be compact like back invite future or as close as possible
Do you have the specs on existing systems?

If you do the calculations, you will quickly find that you need the power of a jet engine to lift a person and flying machine. The power required, and necessary fuel consumption, is why jet packs have such short flight duration. Here's a good link to get started: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_pack.

A nice plot showing the relationship between rotor (fan) diameter and power required:
Rotor diameter.jpg

That figure is from a discussion at: https://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/20434-rotor-diameter-vs-power-required/. The Coanda effect will help, but not as much as you think: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coandă_effect.

• Informative
Likes DaveE, Lnewqban and berkeman
RedOrb said:
Do you have the specs on existing systems?
No I don't I'm still figuring out how to make this hoverboard and waiting for this recession to be over. I still need help figuring out how I would get specially made parts such as the heli blades and how to calculate how big they need to be exetera. I am pretty confident that heli blades combined with the coanda effect should allow it to hover a person also I don't nkow what I would cover the blades with so it wouldn't be dangerous. Here's the closest to specs I got with 3 diffrent designs the idea is to trap air inside the hoverboard so the coanda effect can work inside the hoverboard and under the hovetboardi

Attachments

• 20201012_133349.jpg
    20201012_133349.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 239
trenton420l said:
Here's the closest to specs I got with 3 diffrent designs the idea is to trap air inside the hoverboard so the coanda effect can work inside the hoverboard and under the hovetboard
Using a skirt on the Hoverboard would be the most efficient approach, IMO. You can look at existing personal hovercraft to see what engine power and blade designs they are using...

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/ca/personal-hover-craft/

1602609011711.png

1602609031889.png

• Informative
Likes Klystron
trenton420l said:
No I don't I'm still figuring out how to make this hoverboard and waiting for this recession to be over. I still need help figuring out how I would get specially made parts such as the heli blades and how to calculate how big they need to be exetera. I am pretty confident that heli blades combined with the coanda effect should allow it to hover a person also I don't nkow what I would cover the blades with so it wouldn't be dangerous. Here's the closest to specs I got with 3 diffrent designs the idea is to trap air inside the hoverboard so the coanda effect can work inside the hoverboard and under the hovetboardi
There are several things to consider, one being is this economical and how powerful would the motor and or how large would the blades need to be to lift a human. You should also consider that this technology is not new and that if billion dollar companies can not swing this, can you do what they failed at? Also consider would the parts be more or less expensive to buy than to just buy a board already made. I am assuming you have some new vision

RedOrb said:
There are several things to consider, one being is this economical and how powerful would the motor and or how large would the blades need to be to lift a human. You should also consider that this technology is not new and that if billion dollar companies can not swing this, can you do what they failed at? Also consider would the parts be more or less expensive to buy than to just buy a board already made. I am assuming you have some new vision
I geuss i will have to do more research and look into this and yes it is a vision. Figuring out what is easy but figuring out how seems a lot harder.thanks for helping if you have any usefull info or links I will happily take the advice and do more research.

trenton420l said:
I geuss i will have to do more research and look into this and yes it is a vision. Figuring out what is easy but figuring out how seems a lot harder.thanks for helping if you have any usefull info or links I will happily take the advice and do more research.
If you are building this on your own, how many thousands of dollars of tools do you own because unless you buy a kit you will need metal lathes and welders. Starting from scratch means fabrication of parts. Can you rebuild a car? This would be easier than designing a new hoverboard as the parts are already there

RedOrb said:
If you are building this on your own, how many thousands of dollars of tools do you own because unless you buy a kit you will need metal lathes and welders. Starting from scratch means fabrication of parts. Can you rebuild a car? This would be easier than designing a new hoverboard as the parts are already there
How much money do you think I need to get started 100000? I'm broke currently I'm hoping I can get an engineer to work with I'll probably hire some engineers. It may cost a lot to make but it be worth it if it works all I need is 1specially made board and 2 specialty made heli blades maybe even special electric motors and 3. somthing to cover the blades to trap the air inside and use the coanda effect from the inside. A more extpensive model was to use a jet turbine and advanced computer tecnologyand blast high pressured air lifting it up.

trenton420l said:
How much money do you think I need to get started 100000?
Start by buying one of the skirted personal hovercraft that I posted about already. Ride it around for a while in the types of places you would like your improved design to excel. Then do a technical analysis to figure out what you need to change. That should all go into your business plan for your new product.

1602637652096.png

Likes Vanadium 50 and Tom.G
berkeman said:
Start by buying one of the skirted personal hovercraft that I posted about already. Ride it around for a while in the types of places you would like your improved design to excel. Then do a technical analysis to figure out what you need to change. That should all go into your business plan for your new product.

View attachment 270929
Ok thanks

trenton420l said:
How much money do you think I need to get started 100000? I'm broke currently I'm hoping I can get an engineer to work with I'll probably hire some engineers. It may cost a lot to make but it be worth it if it works all I need is 1specially made board and 2 specialty made heli blades maybe even special electric motors and 3. somthing to cover the blades to trap the air inside and use the coanda effect from the inside. A more extpensive model was to use a jet turbine and advanced computer tecnologyand blast high pressured air lifting it up.
What engineer is going to help you for nothing? And yes you could spend hundreds of grand to design something that already exist that you could have bought for half the price. Why don't you go on Shark Tank and ask for investors, then you will see who is interested

RedOrb said:
What engineer is going to help you for nothing? And yes you could spend hundreds of grand to design something that already exist that you could have bought for half the price. Why don't you go on Shark Tank and ask for investors, then you will see who is interested
If I went to shark tank wouldn't I have to have a patent I Think it would make sense to just do all 3 hire an engineer and research and try to make it myself and go to shark tank.yah I would have to pay an engineer to help me as I help myself with some key questions that I have hard time figuring out. I got motivation from the dude who made the Dyson vacunm he worked really hard for 10 to 20 years before he perfected the vacunm hopefully it's be the same with the hoverboard I'm fine with 5 years of hard work. This probably won't be till I save a lot of money or get investing via shark tank or somthing like that

trenton420l said:
If I went to shark tank wouldn't I have to have a patent I Think it would make sense to just do all 3 hire an engineer and research and try to make it myself and go to shark tank.yah I would have to pay an engineer to help me as I help myself with some key questions that I have hard time figuring out. I got motivation from the dude who made the Dyson vacunm he worked really hard for 10 to 20 years before he perfected the vacunm hopefully it's be the same with the hoverboard I'm fine with 5 years of hard work. This probably won't be till I save a lot of money or get investing via shark tank or somthing like that
What are your engineering qualifications? and are you prepared to spend 20 years designing something that already exist and almost no one buys

It exist but it's not that good the ones they have only work on conductive surfaces with magnetic fields or its a unsafe drone you stand on all of them arnt that good. If I can make 10x improvements using air then I'll think it be a lot better. I think a lot of people would want a hoverboard and with enough capital to afford to lose it should be fine I can even start a go fund. Me page and I can have people help me.It sholdnt take about a year to make I don't see what would make it last 20 years but it is possible possibly I could estimate how much time it would take if longer then 3 or 5 years I may have to hold off on it for a while

trenton420l said:
It exist but it's not that good the ones they have only work on conductive surfaces with magnetic fields or its a unsafe drone you stand on all of them arnt that good. If I can make 10x improvements using air then I'll think it be a lot better. I think a lot of people would want a hoverboard and with enough capital to afford to lose it should be fine I can even start a go fund. Me page and I can have people help me.It sholdnt take about a year to make I don't see what would make it last 20 years but it is possible possibly I could estimate how much time it would take if longer then 3 or 5 years I may have to hold off on it for a while
And you seriously believe that no one tried air previously.

You sure about that?

Yes that's what it seems like based on what I nkow there has been people that's done the drone where you get on a drone and fly on it but it's not that good

trenton420l said:
Figuring out what is easy but figuring out how seems a lot harder
What is science fiction. How is engineering.

1. What is "Lifting with Air" and how does it work?

"Lifting with Air" is a compact board that utilizes air pressure to lift and move objects. The board is equipped with a series of air chambers that can be inflated and deflated to create lift and propulsion. This technology is similar to how a hovercraft operates.

2. What are the potential applications for "Lifting with Air" technology?

The potential applications for "Lifting with Air" technology are vast. It can be used in transportation, such as for personal vehicles or public transportation systems. It can also be used in industries such as construction, logistics, and search and rescue operations.

3. How does "Lifting with Air" compare to other forms of transportation?

Compared to traditional forms of transportation, "Lifting with Air" offers several advantages. It is more energy-efficient, as it does not require a constant power source to maintain lift. It also has a smaller environmental impact, as it does not emit harmful pollutants. Additionally, it can navigate over various terrains, including water and rough terrain, with ease.

4. Is "Lifting with Air" safe for use?

Yes, "Lifting with Air" technology is designed with safety in mind. The board is equipped with sensors and controls that ensure stable and controlled movement. It also has built-in safety features, such as emergency deflation systems, to prevent accidents.

5. How does "Lifting with Air" contribute to a more sustainable future?

"Lifting with Air" technology has the potential to greatly reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, which are a major contributor to climate change. By using air pressure as a power source, it can help to decrease carbon emissions and promote a more sustainable future. Additionally, it can reduce traffic congestion and improve transportation efficiency, leading to a more sustainable and efficient society.