So the heat pulls up the wax through the wick as it changes it into a liquid, and then rises as it becomes warmer and less dense up to the point of being an ignitable gas... then when you blow it out the same behavior still remains (the vapor rising due to the heat along with the smoke) for a short while, causing the ability to reignite the fluid in the wick?
I also noticed the relighting of the smoke only occurs when you have a good string like shape of visible smoke leading back to the wick when at a longer distance. Which I'm guessing 'holds' the flammable vapor for a few moments after the flame itself is out, and would explain how it's easier to light the smoke the closer you are to the wick.
Let me know if I'm a bit off in my interpretation, please. And thanks for the responses (they were immediately helpful).