Limit of (3x^3+2)/sqrt(x^4-2) as x→-∞

  • Thread starter Thread starter chemic_23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Limit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
chemic_23
Messages
44
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


limit of (3x^3+2)/ sqrt(x^4-2) as x approaches to minus infinity


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I tried to solve and I came up with limit of (3x^3+2)/ sqrt(x^4-2) as x approaches to minus infinity is plus infinity but when I checked the answer key, it is minus infinity can someone please tell me?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi chemic_23! :smile:
chemic_23 said:
I tried to solve and I came up with limit of (3x^3+2)/ sqrt(x^4-2) as x approaches to minus infinity is plus infinity but when I checked the answer key, it is minus infinity can someone please tell me?

Easy-peasy :-p …

for large negative x, the top is always negative, while the bottom is always positive …

so the limit has to be negative. :smile: