Looking for help with university assignments? Join the community!

• Thread starter ghost_r32
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, a new member has joined the forum and introduced themselves as a mechanical engineering student from New Zealand. They mention their lack of contribution and their preference for hands-on work. The conversation then turns to welcoming the new member and discussing their favorite fish, with some members jokingly suggesting a great white shark. The new member expresses interest in using Arduino for a car security system and is welcomed by other members. The conversation then turns to a discussion about fish and the forum's Skepticism & Debunking section. Some confusion and joking ensues before the new member is officially welcomed by the forum.
ghost_r32
Hi there I've finally decided to sign up after this site has helped me hundreds of times with my assignments and other uni related questions. There is always something off here that comes up in my google search results :D

Anyway just thought I'd make an intro post so it doesn't look like I just came on here to pick brains for one thing and then leave. I'm a BE(hons) mechanical engineering student living in New Zealand currently in my second year.

I will be doing more asking and reading than contributing though I think, I'm not very smart at bookwork compared to a lot of the people doing my degree (hence why I've used this and other sites so often!) so please bear with me!
I'm more into hands on work like working on my cars, but being a regular mechanic can only get you so far in life ;)

So anyway I've been browsing a few sections already and the knowledge I have available to read up on is amazing, this is truly a the kind of place I need to be at to get better grades and understand more of the world :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF ghost!

What's your favorite fish?

Evo, I thought you're supposed to ban ghost not to welcome'm to PF. :p

Hope you enjoy it here ghost_r32 :)

PS. It would be nice if you pick a ghost fish. :biggrin:

Welcome to PF! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

So, what about the fish??

Welcome to PF ghost.

Hey guys thanks for the welcomes. I don't have a favourite fish, I hate them all. I have been fishing about 6 times now and have never caught a damn thing :(
Oh also I got my first warning for posting in the wrong section hahah, getting in trouble already.

Oh by the way I was going through some threads and saw things about arduino. Do many of you have experience with it?
This might be the place to help me with a project I have always wanted to do. I want to use arduino to program a security system for my car. I want to be able to wire it in line/interrupt certain signals to the ecu and only allow them to be sent if the right combination is entered, or another requirement is fulfiled, say like a secret button is pressed somewhere in the car. Is that possible? If so, where do I start?
I have basic programming knowledge with C++ :)

ghost_r32 said:
Hey guys thanks for the welcomes. I don't have a favourite fish, I hate them all. I have been fishing about 6 times now and have never caught a damn thing :(

You probably like blue whale, don't you??

Hey, Ghost! Welcome.

Hi, ghost r32! Welcome to PF! If you need your sonar fixed, let me know.
No fishfinders, though!

Hey thanks guys. Okay I'll let you know if I need my sonar fixed!

micromass said:

Isn't blue whale the default fish for those newbies who keep their inclinations within the bucket?

Okay if I had to pick a fish I would say a great white shark :D

I spend a lot of time in the Skepticism & Debunking section. Man... Its making me question everything I read and see now haha

I've been seeing talk of fish for a while now and I have no idea what's happening.

I too, am confused.

ghost_r32 said:
Okay if I had to pick a fish I would say a great white shark :D

Dear oh, dear. A great white shark!..I believe only Evo is qualified to take the proper action here, if casualties are to be avoided..

ghost_r32 said:
I too, am confused.

arildno said:
Dear oh, dear. A great white shark!..I believe only Evo is qualified to take the proper action here, if casualties are to be avoided..

:devil::devil:

(Okay, so...What is this fish thingy, anyway... And welcome, ghost_r32!)

Thanks Infinitum.

I'm actually worried now

The great white shark! I agree, we should first make sure that all the security measures are in place. Now all is in the hands of the supreme lard.

micromass said:

Technically the blue whale isn't a fish. :D

Smacks ghost r32 in the head with a toothy, great white shark.

If you are still around, you are now properly initiated at the forums! :approve:

Oh thanks :D

1. What is a university assignment?

A university assignment is a task or project given to students by their professors to assess their understanding and application of course material. Assignments can take various forms, such as essays, research papers, presentations, or group projects.

2. Why should I seek help with my university assignments?

Seeking help with university assignments can benefit you in many ways. It can improve your grades, save you time and stress, and help you understand the course material better. It also allows you to learn from experts and receive personalized feedback on your work.

3. How can joining a community help with my university assignments?

Joining a community of students and professionals who are also working on university assignments can provide you with support, resources, and valuable insights. You can receive help with specific questions, exchange ideas, and get tips on how to improve your work.

4. Is it cheating to seek help with my university assignments?

No, seeking help with your university assignments is not cheating as long as you use the assistance to improve your understanding and complete your work independently. It is important to cite any sources used and not submit someone else's work as your own.

5. How can I ensure the quality and authenticity of the help I receive?

To ensure the quality and authenticity of the help you receive, make sure to join a reputable community or seek assistance from trusted sources. It is also important to clearly communicate your expectations and provide any necessary information to the person helping you. Additionally, you can use plagiarism checkers to verify the originality of your work.