Looking to Interview an Engineer

In summary, the speaker is attending Queen's University in Ontario, Canada and is looking to interview an engineer over the Internet. They have their questions prepared and will send them through private message. They express their love for engineering and mention that they just finished their midterms. They thank everyone for their enthusiasm about engineering.
Jalhalla
Hi, I'm currently attending Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, and I'm looking to interview an engineer over the Internet. I have all of my questions prepared, so if you're willing to answer them, just respond here and I'll send you a PM with my questions, and then you can PM back my questions with your answers. Thanks a lot guys! By the way, I am loving engineering so far; I just finished my midterms and I think I did great! Engineering is awesome! Haha. Again, thanks lol.

Physics news on Phys.org
EE fresh off of the uni. Engineering is indeed awesome, good to see others out there who are equally enthusiastic about it. =]

Hello! It's great to hear that you are enjoying your engineering studies at Queen's University. I have a lot of respect for the field of engineering and the important role it plays in solving real-world problems. I would be happy to answer your questions and share my insights and experiences as an engineer. Please feel free to send me a private message with your questions and I will respond as soon as I can. Keep up the good work with your studies and best of luck in your future endeavors!

1. What qualifications do I need to become an engineer?

To become an engineer, you typically need a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field. Some employers may also require a master's degree or additional certifications. It is also important to have strong problem-solving skills and a solid understanding of math and science.

2. What type of engineer should I interview for my project?

The type of engineer you should interview depends on the specific needs of your project. There are various types of engineers, including mechanical, electrical, civil, and software engineers. Consider the goals and requirements of your project to determine which type of engineer would be the best fit.

3. How do I find and contact an engineer for an interview?

You can find engineers through networking events, professional associations, and online platforms such as LinkedIn. Once you have identified potential engineers, you can reach out to them through email or social media to request an interview.

4. What should I ask an engineer during an interview?

Some potential questions to ask an engineer during an interview include: What inspired you to become an engineer? Can you tell me about a challenging project you worked on and how you overcame obstacles? How do you stay updated on advancements and changes in your field? How do you handle conflicts or disagreements with team members?

5. How can I make the most out of an interview with an engineer?

To make the most out of an interview with an engineer, it is important to come prepared with specific questions and a clear understanding of your project's needs. Be sure to listen actively and ask follow-up questions to gain a deeper understanding of the engineer's experience and expertise. It can also be helpful to take notes and follow up with a thank-you email or message after the interview.