Magnetic Fields / Force / Current

In summary: I'm going to assume in the problem that the wire is rotated around its center so it can be put at an infinite amount of angles. So, if that is correct, as the wire rotates the angle to the field changes. Since the force is a vector it would change direction and magnitude as the angle changes. The force would be at its maximum when the wire is rotated 90° to the field, and minimum at 0° and 180°. Going back t the problem statement:i. The wire is rotated slightly in the horizontal plane?The force would have a magnitude of 0 when the wire is rotated 0° or 180°. And the force at 90° would be F = i B
Simon Bridge said:
If you make an equilateral trangle where the hypotenuse is 1 unit long and the adjacent side is 1/2 unit long, then the angle between these sides is pi/3 (60deg) and the length of the opposite side is the sine of the angle. In this set up you can find the length of the opposite side without using a calculator. Give it a go.

That is clever actually, cool :).

Simon Bridge said:
However, ##\frac{\sqrt{3}}{2} = 49.6^\circ## ... is nonsense.

What does this mean at wolfram?

Sorry about that I know.. I'm working on it. This is a mysterious adventure for me as I've never done any of this before.
I have a real good streak about learning in trial and error.

<h2>1. What is a magnetic field?</h2><p>A magnetic field is a region in space where a magnetic force can be observed. It is created by moving electric charges, such as electrons, and is characterized by its direction and strength.</p><h2>2. How is a magnetic field created?</h2><p>A magnetic field is created by moving electric charges, such as electrons. These charges can be found in the form of electric currents or in the atoms of magnetic materials.</p><h2>3. What is the difference between a magnetic field and a magnetic force?</h2><p>A magnetic field is a region in space where a magnetic force can be observed, while a magnetic force is the force exerted on a moving electric charge by a magnetic field.</p><h2>4. How does a magnetic field affect a current?</h2><p>A magnetic field can exert a force on a current-carrying wire, causing it to move or change direction. This is the principle behind devices such as motors and generators.</p><h2>5. Can magnetic fields be shielded?</h2><p>Yes, magnetic fields can be shielded by using materials that are highly permeable to magnetic fields, such as iron or steel. These materials redirect the magnetic field lines, reducing the strength of the field outside of the shielded area.</p>

1. What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is a region in space where a magnetic force can be observed. It is created by moving electric charges, such as electrons, and is characterized by its direction and strength.

2. How is a magnetic field created?

A magnetic field is created by moving electric charges, such as electrons. These charges can be found in the form of electric currents or in the atoms of magnetic materials.

3. What is the difference between a magnetic field and a magnetic force?

A magnetic field is a region in space where a magnetic force can be observed, while a magnetic force is the force exerted on a moving electric charge by a magnetic field.

4. How does a magnetic field affect a current?

A magnetic field can exert a force on a current-carrying wire, causing it to move or change direction. This is the principle behind devices such as motors and generators.

5. Can magnetic fields be shielded?

Yes, magnetic fields can be shielded by using materials that are highly permeable to magnetic fields, such as iron or steel. These materials redirect the magnetic field lines, reducing the strength of the field outside of the shielded area.