1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Magnetism - What do you call this phenomenon?

1. May 17, 2014 #1
    When a substance is neither attracted nor repeled by a magnet what can I call such phenomenon? Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2014 #2

adjacent

Gold Member

What do you think?

4. May 17, 2014 #3
  5. May 17, 2014 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Regic, you've have enough posts to where I would expect you to have noticed by now that this forum is not about spoon feeding people answers, it's about helping them understand how to GET answers. Ajacent did what is normally done here ... he asked the poster to show some effort of his own before just jumping in a giving him an answer.

The very next thread that I went to after this one, happened to show exactly the same thing:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=754156

6. May 17, 2014 #5
    I didn't tell him the answer.... I gave him a link to a place where he could find it himself.

And if anything I'm being snyde, telling him that the answer can be so easily found by a simple google search. Completely opposite from spoon feeding.

7. May 18, 2014 #6
    Thank you. I have read it before. I just want to picture the difference between diamagnetism and paramagnetism.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted