Where can I find technical papers on the Majorana particle?

In summary, Majorana particles are hypothetical particles that are their own antiparticles and have no distinction between matter and antimatter. They are different from other particles in that way and are useful for applications in quantum computing and other fields. They are difficult to detect and are often detected indirectly through their effects on other particles or interactions with materials. Potential applications of Majorana particles include quantum computing and high energy physics research. While there have been some experimental results that suggest their existence, they have not been confirmed definitively and further research is needed.
Physics news on Phys.org
thanks for some reason I couldn't get the arxiv search to pull up anything might have been mispelling it or something foolish :redface:. That article has the details I was looking for. With the author names I should be able to find more on it. Again I appreciate it.

1. What is a Majorana particle?

A Majorana particle is a hypothetical type of particle that is its own antiparticle. This means that it has no distinction between matter and antimatter, unlike most particles that have a corresponding antiparticle with opposite charge.

2. How are Majorana particles different from other particles?

Majorana particles are unique in that they are their own antiparticles, whereas other particles have distinct antiparticles. This makes them useful for certain applications in quantum computing and other fields.

3. How are Majorana particles detected?

Majorana particles are difficult to detect due to their elusive nature. They are often detected indirectly through their effects on other particles in particle colliders or through their interactions with materials in laboratories.

4. What are the potential applications of Majorana particles?

Majorana particles have potential applications in quantum computing, as they are more robust against external interference compared to other qubits. They may also have applications in dark matter and high energy physics research.

5. Are Majorana particles confirmed to exist?

While there have been some experimental results that suggest the existence of Majorana particles, they have not been confirmed definitively. Further research and experimentation is needed to confirm their existence and fully understand their properties.