Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mars experiments

1. Jan 26, 2005 #1
    I wasn't sure where to put it, so I thought it would be best in Gen. Disc.

If you had the chance to go to Mars and experiment, what experiments and new technology would you use?

What new invention would you utilize on your trip?

Just wondering what you all thought.

Paden Roder
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2005 #2
    first thing I'd utilize would be that oxygen generator the Martians built. Did you see what happened to Arnold's eyes before he turned that thing on?
  4. Jan 26, 2005 #3
    i need a bed that i can sleep as well as that on the earth.
  5. Jan 26, 2005 #4
    I have a question for someone in command. Several times and again this evening I see the name Saint listed. Looking inside the thread there is nothing visible by this this individual. Does the system work to show his name but automatically delete anything he posts and if he was banned why does even his name show? I'm wondering if this is what happens with a temporary ban. Could someone ban me for a short while so I can experiment?
  6. Jan 26, 2005 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, thank you for mentioning this! I thought I was seeing things. I PM'd tribdog asking him if he saw what I saw! :rofl:
  7. Jan 26, 2005 #6
    I'd love to ban you Boulderhead, if only someone would give me the power.
  8. Jan 27, 2005 #7
    Its a bad thing that i know what you're talking about isn't it?

Saint was banned? Awww, that makes me sad. He was fun. In a not so politically correct sort of manner.
  9. Jan 27, 2005 #8
    yeah, he was fun in the same way that grating cheese is fun when you accidently drag a knuckle.
  10. Jan 27, 2005 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Franz, you might want to ease up on the drinking just a bit. Your observation skills seem to be dulling. :wink:
  11. Jan 27, 2005 #10
    Especially when you stop and consider that he posted in the "Saint is banned" thread 4 times
  12. Jan 27, 2005 #11
    I must've missed that threat, I didn't know saint was banned, this sucks. Someone link to that thread please I can't find it on search for some reason.
  13. Jan 27, 2005 #12
    must be upgrade time
  14. Jan 27, 2005 #13
    I think high magnification microscopic observation of Martian soil may turn up some interesting findings, especially in light of the new past water evidence.

Anyone know the highest level of optical microscopic magnification they are currently using out there?

Saint's been banned! How can they do this to a holy man?!
  15. Jan 27, 2005 #14

Did i really?

Well, only one cure for this, an extra bottle of vodka for this week.
  16. Jan 27, 2005 #15
    I would have a pool built and try swimming.
  17. Jan 27, 2005 #16
    You’re a true friend and believe me I appreciate it, thanks!

I was thinking last night about suicide by lethal enema overdose, butt need assistance from a pal not too squeamish to lend a hand...
  18. Jan 27, 2005 #17
    my new posts keep on missing, when i inquired the moderator, he/she just refused to answer me,
    i guess they are dumb.
  19. Jan 27, 2005 #18

Gold Member

That would be ME!! Your very own personal and ultra-friendly :biggrin: xray/CT Tech. Unfortunately, I'm not sure suicide can be accomplished with an enema OD. Usually nature takes over and disallows the OD part. :biggrin: What type of enema would you like? Coffee? Plaster of paris? CO2? Straight air? :rofl: Of course, then there's barium!! Or the good old trusty HHH enema!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  20. Jan 27, 2005 #19

:bugeye: Why do you know so much about sticking stuff in people's butts? :bugeye:
  21. Jan 27, 2005 #20
    Thank you for expressing interest, Tsu, but I wouldn’t want to disappoint tribdog. :biggrin: Besides, I’m going to need your help in removing my head first so as to allow room for the enema! :rofl:

A touch of liquid nail could be added to the brew… :approve:

Coffee makes me nervous and I’ve already had plenty of smoke blown up there so I’m leaning towards Plaster of Paris and barium. Some gold dust (colon-oidal, of course) to take with me wouldn’t be a bad idea either. They say it’s good for the soul, too; http://www.colloidalgold.com/soul.htm

I’m working on how best to proportion right now. :tongue2:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?