What Experiments and Technology Would You Use on a Trip to Mars?

In summary, Boulderhead says that if only he had the power to ban someone, he would ban Saint. Saint was banned, making him sad. He would like to use the oxygen generator, swim in the pool, and perform an enema.
PRodQuanta
I wasn't sure where to put it, so I thought it would be best in Gen. Disc.

If you had the chance to go to Mars and experiment, what experiments and new technology would you use?

What new invention would you utilize on your trip?

Just wondering what you all thought.

Paden Roder

Physics news on Phys.org
first thing I'd utilize would be that oxygen generator the Martians built. Did you see what happened to Arnold's eyes before he turned that thing on?

i need a bed that i can sleep as well as that on the earth.

I have a question for someone in command. Several times and again this evening I see the name Saint listed. Looking inside the thread there is nothing visible by this this individual. Does the system work to show his name but automatically delete anything he posts and if he was banned why does even his name show? I'm wondering if this is what happens with a temporary ban. Could someone ban me for a short while so I can experiment?

BoulderHead said:
I have a question for someone in command. Several times and again this evening I see the name Saint listed. Looking inside the thread there is nothing visible by this this individual. Does the system work to show his name but automatically delete anything he posts and if he was banned why does even his name show? I'm wondering if this is what happens with a temporary ban. Could someone ban me for a short while so I can experiment?

Oh, thank you for mentioning this! I thought I was seeing things. I PM'd tribdog asking him if he saw what I saw! :rofl:

I'd love to ban you Boulderhead, if only someone would give me the power.

tribdog said:
first thing I'd utilize would be that oxygen generator the Martians built. Did you see what happened to Arnold's eyes before he turned that thing on?

Its a bad thing that i know what you're talking about isn't it?

Saint was banned? Awww, that makes me sad. He was fun. In a not so politically correct sort of manner.

franznietzsche said:
Its a bad thing that i know what you're talking about isn't it?

Saint was banned? Awww, that makes me sad. He was fun. In a not so politically correct sort of manner.
yeah, he was fun in the same way that grating cheese is fun when you accidently drag a knuckle.

Franz, you might want to ease up on the drinking just a bit. Your observation skills seem to be dulling. :wink:

Moonbear said:
Franz, you might want to ease up on the drinking just a bit. Your observation skills seem to be dulling. :wink:
Especially when you stop and consider that he posted in the "Saint is banned" thread 4 times

I must've missed that threat, I didn't know saint was banned, this sucks. Someone link to that thread please I can't find it on search for some reason.

Smurf said:
I must've missed that threat, I didn't know saint was banned, this sucks. Someone link to that thread please I can't find it on search for some reason.
must be upgrade time

I think high magnification microscopic observation of Martian soil may turn up some interesting findings, especially in light of the new past water evidence.

Anyone know the highest level of optical microscopic magnification they are currently using out there?

Saint's been banned! How can they do this to a holy man?!

tribdog said:
Especially when you stop and consider that he posted in the "Saint is banned" thread 4 times

Did i really?

Well, only one cure for this, an extra bottle of vodka for this week.

PRodQuanta said:
If you had the chance to go to Mars and experiment, what experiments and new technology would you use?

What new invention would you utilize on your trip?

Just wondering what you all thought.

I would have a pool built and try swimming.

tribdog said:
I'd love to ban you Boulderhead, if only someone would give me the power.
You’re a true friend and believe me I appreciate it, thanks!

I was thinking last night about suicide by lethal enema overdose, butt need assistance from a pal not too squeamish to lend a hand...

my new posts keep on missing, when i inquired the moderator, he/she just refused to answer me,
i guess they are dumb.

That would be ME! Your very own personal and ultra-friendly :biggrin: xray/CT Tech. Unfortunately, I'm not sure suicide can be accomplished with an enema OD. Usually nature takes over and disallows the OD part. :biggrin: What type of enema would you like? Coffee? Plaster of paris? CO2? Straight air? :rofl: Of course, then there's barium! Or the good old trusty HHH enema! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tsu said:
That would be ME! Your very own personal and ultra-friendly :biggrin: xray/CT Tech. Unfortunately, I'm not sure suicide can be accomplished with an enema OD. Usually nature takes over and disallows the OD part. :biggrin: What type of enema would you like? Coffee? Plaster of paris? CO2? Straight air? :rofl: Of course, then there's barium! Or the good old trusty HHH enema! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:bugeye: Why do you know so much about sticking stuff in people's butts? :bugeye:

That would be ME! Your very own personal and ultra-friendly xray/CT Tech.
Thank you for expressing interest, Tsu, but I wouldn’t want to disappoint tribdog. :biggrin: Besides, I’m going to need your help in removing my head first so as to allow room for the enema! :rofl:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure suicide can be accomplished with an enema OD. Usually nature takes over and disallows the OD part.
A touch of liquid nail could be added to the brew… :approve:

What type of enema would you like? Coffee? Plaster of paris? CO2? Straight air? Of course, then there's barium! Or the good old trusty HHH enema!
Coffee makes me nervous and I’ve already had plenty of smoke blown up there so I’m leaning towards Plaster of Paris and barium. Some gold dust (colon-oidal, of course) to take with me wouldn’t be a bad idea either. They say it’s good for the soul, too; http://www.colloidalgold.com/soul.htm

I’m working on how best to proportion right now. :tongue2:

franznietzsche said:
:bugeye: Why do you know so much about sticking stuff in people's butts? :bugeye:
One of the most HATED-BY-THE-TECHNOLOGIST exams in X-ray (part of the job I do) is the barium enema. For this test, you get a nice enema tip stuck up your butt! THAT'S why I know so much about sticking stuff in people's butts. :rofl: I GET TO DO IT FOR A LIVING! :eek: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, that's why I work the evening shift - so I don't HAVE to do those damn studies! I do the evening CT work, as well. THAT'S the interesting
stuff...

p.s.
Why? Are you jealous? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tsu said:
Why? Are you jealous? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Depends on what kind of "stuff" we're talking about.

What experiments would you conduct on a trip to Mars?

As a scientist on a trip to Mars, I would conduct a variety of experiments to further our understanding of the planet. These could include studying the geology and composition of the Martian surface, analyzing the atmosphere and weather patterns, and investigating the potential for past or present life on Mars through the study of soil and rock samples.

What technology would you use on a trip to Mars?

To successfully conduct experiments on a trip to Mars, I would need to utilize a range of advanced technology. This could include robotic rovers for collecting samples and gathering data, remote sensing instruments for studying the surface and atmosphere, and specialized equipment for analyzing the samples collected.

What challenges would you face when conducting experiments on Mars?

Conducting experiments on Mars presents numerous challenges, including the harsh environment, limited resources, and communication delays with Earth. The extreme temperatures, high levels of radiation, and low gravity would also need to be considered when designing and conducting experiments on the planet.

What precautions would you take to ensure the safety of the experiments and technology on a trip to Mars?

To ensure the safety and success of experiments and technology on a trip to Mars, thorough testing and redundancy measures would need to be in place. Equipment would also need to be designed to withstand the harsh conditions on Mars and be protected from potential hazards, such as dust storms or extreme temperatures.

What potential discoveries could be made from experiments on Mars?

The experiments conducted on a trip to Mars could potentially lead to groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the planet and the universe. These could include new insights into the potential for life on Mars, the history and evolution of the planet, and the potential for future human exploration and colonization. The data and samples collected could also provide valuable information for Earth-based research and technology development.