Mastering Math, Physics, and Electronics for Developing Surveillance Gadgets

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
In summary, the person is starting to learn in the EE faculty and wants to work on developing surveillance technology using a gadget that captures vibrations on glass windows to transform them into voices. They would need to focus on waves and motion, differential equations, optics, electronics, and signal processing. They are also advised to only have one account.
transgalactic
i am starting to learn in EE faculty
all the math/physics/electronics courses on the highest level

i want to work on developing surveillance stuff
like cellular,ear taps
i heard of a gadget that uses a laser beam in order to capture the vibrations on the glass window of a house
in order to transform it to the voices of the victims conversation

what courses do i need to pay the most attention

in order to qualify for that stuff?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
At the risk of enabling Big Brother, you'd probably need (from a high level point of view):

1) Waves and simple motion
2) Lots of math, concentrated on ordinary, and partial differential equations
3) Optics (at a senior level)
4) Enough electronics to be able to do something with the tiny variations in path length that result from sound causing the glass to vibrate.

Or, you can ditch all of that and use a stethoscope.

Or, you can go a little more sophisticated and build yourself a microphone (small, powerful magnet attached to the glass that vibrates and induces current in a coil), and take enough electronics to build yourself a really high-gain amplifier. Well, you'd probably need some basic communications and signal processing to reduce the garbage you're most likely to get with this setup.

Remember, give an EE a break, eh? ;-)

thanks

Related to Mastering Math, Physics, and Electronics for Developing Surveillance Gadgets

1. How can I improve my math skills for developing surveillance gadgets?

To improve your math skills, it is important to practice regularly and fully understand the fundamental concepts. This includes algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. Additionally, learning how to use mathematical tools, such as graphing calculators and software, can also enhance your skills.

2. What are some key physics principles to understand for developing surveillance gadgets?

Some key physics principles to understand include mechanics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and thermodynamics. These concepts are important for understanding how surveillance gadgets function and how to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.

3. How can I apply electronics knowledge to developing surveillance gadgets?

Electronics is crucial for developing surveillance gadgets as it involves creating and manipulating circuits to control and transmit information. It is important to have a strong foundation in basic electronics principles, such as Ohm's Law, circuit analysis, and digital logic.

4. What are some common surveillance gadgets and their underlying science?

Some common surveillance gadgets include security cameras, GPS trackers, and listening devices. These devices utilize concepts from math, physics, and electronics to function. For example, security cameras use optics to capture and transmit images, while GPS trackers use principles of electromagnetism to determine location.

5. How can I continue to learn and improve my skills in these areas?

Continuing to practice and stay updated on advancements in technology is key to improving your skills in mastering math, physics, and electronics for developing surveillance gadgets. Additionally, seeking out educational resources, joining online communities, and attending workshops and conferences can also help expand your knowledge and skills in this field.