1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters after 3 year BSc

1. Sep 26, 2013 #1
    hello friends, i am an indian student with a 3 year BSc in physics interested in pursuing research in theoretical physics. I want to do masters from abroad. What are the countries/universities which recognise a three year bachelors degree? plz guide....

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2013 #2
    3 years BSc is pretty standard here in the UK.

4. Sep 27, 2013 #3
    OK! So now, i passed my BSc (physics) examination in april 2013 with a good 79%. With a good enough TOEFL/IELTS score will i get admission into a good university in the UK or are their any additional requirements. I have no previous research experience as such.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  5. Sep 28, 2013 #4
    I don't know exactly how that translates into the degree classification that is used over here. But it sounds like you'd be pretty close to having a 1st.

Yes, you will need to show that you have a proficient level of English to study over here - But from the way that you're writing, I think that will be easy for you.

As for research, most undergrad students don't have any experience in research either apart from a final year project.

I hope it all goes well for you.

6. Oct 3, 2013 #5
    thank you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook