Masters which aren't strict

I graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering in 2014. I live currently in a third world country where the job situation is bad. To top it off, I didn't do really well in school because of extremely high competition. I tried to get a job but it was futile.

Now I want to do Masters from UK, USA or Australia. Anyone know of a university with decent acceptance rate? Also if I get accepted, do people really pay the full tuition fee they listed on their site or are the fees lowered when you get in?

Any input will be appreciated

Best

Answers and Replies

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There are scholarships, fellowships, etc. you can apply to online to help you pay. Maybe you can email the department you are applying to for info.

EDIT: You may also want to go over the webpages of the profs in your department of interest and go over their research, then, if you find something that interests you, contact them and see if you can work with them or at least make contact with someone in the school.

Last edited:
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
There are places with liberal admissions policies. There are places where most or all students are financially supported. But there are very few places where both of those happen.