1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters which aren't strict

1. Sep 26, 2015 #1
    I graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering in 2014. I live currently in a third world country where the job situation is bad. To top it off, I didn't do really well in school because of extremely high competition. I tried to get a job but it was futile.

Now I want to do Masters from UK, USA or Australia. Anyone know of a university with decent acceptance rate? Also if I get accepted, do people really pay the full tuition fee they listed on their site or are the fees lowered when you get in?

Any input will be appreciated

Best

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2015 #2

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are scholarships, fellowships, etc. you can apply to online to help you pay. Maybe you can email the department you are applying to for info.

EDIT: You may also want to go over the webpages of the profs in your department of interest and go over their research, then, if you find something that interests you, contact them and see if you can work with them or at least make contact with someone in the school.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  4. Sep 26, 2015 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

There are places with liberal admissions policies. There are places where most or all students are financially supported. But there are very few places where both of those happen.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook