Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Material Selection for Separating Acrylic Acid from Butyl Acrylate

1. Dec 17, 2009 #1
    In my Chemical engineering Course, I have an Engineering Materials assignment, which needs to be submitted by this Monday.

It contains questions based on the mechanical design of a binary distillation column that separates acrylic acid from butyl acrylate.

I'm required to select a material, which would be suitable for the construction of this specific column.

I hope someone can direct me to weblinks for this particular design.

Secondly, I'm required to calculate:

a, the design temperature and pressure of the column according to British/American standards

b, After calculating the wall thickness value, I'm required to compare it with the British/American standards

For these questions, I require access to the relevant British/American standards.

I am looking for the weblinks for the relevant British/American standards.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2009 #2
    Can someone also provide a reference for the Data Tables for Corrosion Data of Butyl Acrylate being exposed to Metals

(i.e. Butyl Acrylate: Corrosion Data for Metals )

I was able to find it online for Acrylic Acid but couldn't do so for Butyl Acrylate
  4. Dec 18, 2009 #3
    Hello dearest,

I find it extremely resourceful of you to find you posting your coursework question here. I'll ask the RA's to search for your profile. Better luck running away.
  5. Dec 18, 2009 #4
    I am sorry for any misunderstanding; ............ I wish to do the coursework myself.

I was looking for help in locating the relevant British/American standard online and some data tables online.

I thought that there is nothing wrong in seeking assistance in finding standards & data tables online.

If that is considered wrong, I would refrain to do so.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook