Mathematica Plot to Latex Document

In summary, to put a Mathematica plot in your Latex document, you will need to first execute the \usepackage{graphicx} command in your header. Then, you will need to convert your Mathematica plot to eps format by selecting the plot, choosing "Edit -> Save Selection As -> EPS...", and saving the file with a .eps extension. Finally, you can use the \includegraphics command to insert the plot into your document, with a caption and label for reference.
Dustinsfl
How can I put a Mathematica plot in my Latex document?

Physics news on Phys.org
Best way I know how:

1. Execute the

Code:
\usepackage{graphicx}

command in your header.

2. Convert your Mathematica plot to eps. You can do that by some variation of this procedure:

a. Select the plot.
b. Select Edit -> Save Selection As -> EPS...
c. Save file as foo.eps (or whatever filename you want - should have .eps extension for Encapsulated PostScript file format).

3. For each figure, use this code:

Code:
\begin{figure}[H]
\begin{center}
\includegraphics{foo.eps}
\end{center}
\caption{Whatever text you want to accompany the figure goes here.}
\label{Fi:Whatever_you_want_to_refer_to_this_figure_as_later_in_your_document}
\end{figure}

See how that works.

I was actually able to get with just this line

\includegraphics[height=2.5in]{plot}

1. What is Mathematica Plot to Latex Document?

Mathematica Plot to Latex Document is a feature in the Mathematica software that allows users to export their plots and graphs in a Latex document format. This allows for easy integration of mathematical visuals into Latex documents.

2. How do I export my plots from Mathematica to Latex?

To export your plots from Mathematica to Latex, you can use the "Export" function and specify the file format as Latex. You can also use the "Save Graphic As" option in the graphics menu and choose Latex as the file type.

3. Can I customize the appearance of my exported plots in Latex?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your exported plots in Latex by using the various options available in the "Export" function. You can specify the size, color, and other parameters for your plot in the Latex document.

4. Can I export multiple plots to a single Latex document?

Yes, you can export multiple plots to a single Latex document by using the "Combine" function in Mathematica. This will combine all your plots into a single image that can be easily exported to Latex.

5. Are there any limitations to exporting plots from Mathematica to Latex?

There may be some limitations to exporting plots from Mathematica to Latex, such as the size and complexity of the plot. It is recommended to test the exported plot in Latex before finalizing your document to ensure it meets your requirements.