B Mathematical description of a ball hitting a glass plate and causing damage

Summary
damage on glasses plate by hitting ball
Summary: damage on glasses plate by hitting ball

If a ball hit a rectangular plate of glass and it cause a damage "but it didn't broken" how can i represent this damage using mathematics?
I'll tell you my idea about it: let the ball move horizontally and hit the plate perpendicularly with momentum mv then the damage will be described as stress or strain tensor. This my idea if it's wrong tell me the truth.

You are correct that the stress and strain tensors are used to represent the material properties of materials. What you are probably interested in is the yield stress. At this point the material will begin to permanently deform. The ultimate stress would be the stress at which it breaks entirely. For materials like steel there is a fairly large difference between the yield stress and the ultimate stress, but for brittle materials like glass they are fairly close.

You are correct that the stress and strain tensors are used to represent the material properties of materials. What you are probably interested in is the yield stress. At this point the material will begin to permanently deform. The ultimate stress would be the stress at which it breaks entirely. For materials like steel there is a fairly large difference between the yield stress and the ultimate stress, but for brittle materials like glass they are fairly close.
thank you for your response but can you give me a site to see an example?
another question: is yield stress the material not broken, ultimate stress the material is broken? like the body on rough plane and a force affect on it, if its not large enough to move the body the friction force not limiting, if its make it about to move the friction force is limiting? true?