Mathematical Link between Kinetic Force & Electro-Magnet's charge.

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a mathematical relationship between the kinetic force applied on two electro-magnets and the effect on their magnetic fields when forced against each other. The question also addresses the potential impact on electrical measurements and the relationship between force and changes in the magnetic field.
Kin Ryu
Greetings!
This is my first post and I am hopefully doing it in the right section of the site.

Onto the topic:
I am searching for the mathematical link between the kinetic force applied on two electro-magnets being forced against each other (assume repelling charges) and the effect that it would have on the magnet's charge.

Either I am the first one to search such information or my google-fu failed Me.

Thank You.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Is something wrong with the way I formulated the question or does no one have a clue ?

Kin Ryu said:
Greetings!
This is my first post and I am hopefully doing it in the right section of the site.

Onto the topic:
I am searching for the mathematical link between the kinetic force applied on two electro-magnets being forced against each other (assume repelling charges) and the effect that it would have on the magnet's charge.

Either I am the first one to search such information or my google-fu failed Me.

Thank You.

Kin Ryu said:
Is something wrong with the way I formulated the question or does no one have a clue ?

Welcome to the PF.

There is no such thing as magnetic charge. Were you asking about electric charges as psparky has posted about?

Ah. Must be a translation mistake from my part.
Let Me try to better illustrate:

When You have an electro-magnet the current (watts) You hook it up to will affect the power of the magnetic field.
Two magnetic field of same polarities will repel each other.
However if You mecanically force them too close to each other; will it affect the magnetic field(s) in a way that will be measured electrically ? (Affecting the Amp/Volts/etc)

And if that is true what is the link between the amount of force needed to push them against each other and the changes in the magnetic field ?

1. How does kinetic force affect the charge of an electro-magnet?

The kinetic force of a moving object can induce an electric current in a conductive material, which in turn can affect the charge of an electro-magnet. This is known as electromagnetic induction, and it is the basis for how generators and motors work.

2. Is there a mathematical equation that can explain the relationship between kinetic force and electro-magnet's charge?

Yes, there is a mathematical equation known as Faraday's Law that describes the relationship between the rate of change of magnetic flux and the induced electromotive force. This equation can be used to calculate the charge of an electro-magnet based on the applied kinetic force.

3. Can the charge of an electro-magnet be increased by increasing the kinetic force?

Yes, the charge of an electro-magnet can be increased by increasing the kinetic force applied to it. This is because the higher the kinetic force, the greater the electromagnetic induction, resulting in a larger induced electromotive force and thus a higher charge on the electro-magnet.

4. How does the direction of the kinetic force affect the charge of an electro-magnet?

The direction of the kinetic force can affect the charge of an electro-magnet by changing the direction of the induced current. This, in turn, can change the polarity of the electro-magnet, resulting in a different amount of charge. The direction of the kinetic force can also affect the strength of the magnetic field produced by the electro-magnet.

5. What other factors besides kinetic force can impact the charge of an electro-magnet?

Aside from kinetic force, other factors that can impact the charge of an electro-magnet include the strength of the magnetic field, the number of turns in the coil, and the material used in the coil. Additionally, the presence of other nearby magnetic fields, such as from other magnets or electric currents, can also affect the charge of an electro-magnet.