Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical Link between Kinetic Force & Electro-Magnet's charge.

1. Jun 8, 2013 #1
    Greetings!
    This is my first post and I am hopefully doing it in the right section of the site.

Onto the topic:
    I am searching for the mathematical link between the kinetic force applied on two electro-magnets being forced against each other (assume repelling charges) and the effect that it would have on the magnet's charge.

Either I am the first one to search such information or my google-fu failed Me.

Thank You.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2013 #2
    Is something wrong with the way I formulated the question or does no one have a clue ?

4. Jun 10, 2013 #3

psparky

Gold Member

5. Jun 10, 2013 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

There is no such thing as magnetic charge. Were you asking about electric charges as psparky has posted about?

6. Jun 10, 2013 #5
    Ah. Must be a translation mistake from my part.
    Let Me try to better illustrate:

When You have an electro-magnet the current (watts) You hook it up to will affect the power of the magnetic field.
    Two magnetic field of same polarities will repel each other.
    However if You mecanically force them too close to each other; will it affect the magnetic field(s) in a way that will be measured electrically ? (Affecting the Amp/Volts/etc)

And if that is true what is the link between the amount of force needed to push them against each other and the changes in the magnetic field ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook