1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical Visualization

1. Dec 11, 2011 #1
    What fields / disciplines of that field does mathematical visualization fall under.

I know numerical computational geometry is one , where you wright algorithms to develop programs to visualize mathematics.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2011 #2
    Numerical computational geometry isn't really concerned with "visualizing" mathematics, it's concerned with finding numerical solutions to certain classes of problems in geometry. Mathematical visualization isn't a field, it's just something that you might sometimes "do".

4. Dec 11, 2011 #3
    I agree, but there are certainly branches of mathematics that are inherently more visual. If you are a visual learner (like me), you will end up trying to visualize everything you meet in any part of mathematics, even if people say it shouldn't be attempted.

:-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook