MATLAB 7.01 Error Indication: Turn On Red Line?

In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between using MATLAB 7.01 and a previous version. The previous version had a feature where errors were indicated by a red line on the right side of the screen, making it easy to spot mistakes. However, in the new version, this feature is not available and the individual is wondering if it can be turned on. Another person provides a link to instructions on how to turn on the feature, but the original person notes that they do not have the option in their preferences and can access it from the Tools menu instead.
juricab
Currently I use MATLAB 7.01. In the previous version, I had MATLAB indicate the errors by showing red line on the right side of the screen. This made it very easy to spot mistakes like typos, omitted brackets, etc.
In this new version I don't get that kind of "help" from Matlab. Does anyone know if I can turn that feature on?

Physics news on Phys.org
Kerry, thanks! That is what I was looking. Though, I don't have an option in preferences to turn on Mlint. I am not sure if anything would change, cause now I can access it from Tools menu.

What is the meaning of the red line in MATLAB 7.01?

The red line in MATLAB 7.01 indicates an error in your code. It is a visual indication that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

How do I turn on the red line in MATLAB 7.01?

The red line is automatically turned on when an error is detected in your code. If you do not see a red line, you may need to run your code or check for any syntax errors.

Why is the red line appearing in my code?

The red line appears when there is a mistake or error in your code. This could be due to a syntax error, undefined variable, or an incorrect function usage.

How do I fix the error indicated by the red line?

To fix the error, you will need to locate the red line in your code and identify the cause of the error. Once you have identified the issue, you can make the necessary changes to correct it.

Can I change the color of the error indication line in MATLAB 7.01?

No, the red line is the default color for error indication in MATLAB 7.01. However, you can customize the color scheme of your MATLAB interface through the preferences menu.