Max Friction Coefficient for 34° Factory Box Slide in 3.2s

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robertoalva
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Robertoalva
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
1. At the end of a factory production line, boxes start from rest and slide down a 34° ramp 5.4 m long. If the slide is to take no more than 3.2 s, what is the maximum allowed frictional coefficient?



Homework Equations


Ff= μ F


The Attempt at a Solution






Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Robertoalva,

Could you show where you are stuck in the problem please?
 
I don't know how to use the equation for the frictional coefficient! I suppose that I have to use another equation that uses time, but I'm not so sure!
 
Well, frictional coefficient is the ratio of the magnitudes of the normal force and maximum frictional force possible.

Knowing that, what would be the acceleration of the block?