Maximizing Revenue for Lakeside Amusement Park

• Thread starter rice1am
  • Start date
In summary: There are four methods:1. Calculus: This is the easiest method(this question seems to be a preview of differential calculus).2. Graph it.3. Plug in different numbers and "zoom-in" into the maximum.4. Your teacher may have told you the formula for finding the maximum of a quadratic function, I remember our Algebra II teacher gave us the formula.
rice1am

Homework Statement

An average of 20 000 people visit the Lakeside Amusement Park each day in the summer. The admission fee is $25.00. Consultants predict that, for each $1.00 increase in the admission fee, the park will lose an average of 750 customers a day. Determine the function that represents the projected daily revenue if the admission fee is increased AND estimate the ticket price that will maximize function.

Homework Equations

I figured out the equation of the revenue, which I'm sure is correct. It is:

D(n) = (25.00 + 1.00n)(20 000-750n)

let n represent the number of times the price increases.

The Attempt at a Solution

However, I did not understand the second question, do you have to lower the ticket price to maximize revenue? Also, can anyone explain an fast way to determine a maximum revenue, because my method involves choosing random numbers and plopping them into the equation until I find a good value?

Thanks everyone! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
There are two ways to do this: one involves calculus, so I won't cover that, and the other involves the graph.

Just take a look at the graph and ask yourself, when does the graph appear to max out?

Also, a little personal tip: in a quadratic equation, the maximum is usually halfway between the two zeroes, at least in my experience.

Sorry if I spoke too much.

Congrats, you have the right revenue function, just expand it so it is quadratic. There are three methods:

1. Calculus: This is the easiest method(this question seems to be a preview of differential calculus).

2. Graph it.

3. Plug in different numbers and "zoom-in" into the maximum.

4. Your teacher may have told you the formula for finding the maximum of a quadratic function, I remember our Algebra II teacher gave us the formula.

I'm not learning Calc until next semester, but I just graphed it and plugged in some values.
Thanks guys!

What is the main goal of maximizing revenue for Lakeside Amusement Park?

The main goal of maximizing revenue for Lakeside Amusement Park is to increase the amount of money the park earns from ticket sales, food and beverage sales, and other sources of income. This allows the park to cover operating costs, make necessary improvements, and generate profits.

How can Lakeside Amusement Park increase its revenue?

There are several strategies that Lakeside Amusement Park can use to increase its revenue. These may include offering new and exciting attractions, implementing dynamic pricing strategies, cross-selling and upselling products and services, and implementing effective marketing campaigns to attract more visitors to the park.

What factors should be considered when determining ticket prices?

When determining ticket prices, Lakeside Amusement Park should consider factors such as the cost of operating the park, the prices of competitors, the target demographic, and the perceived value of the park's offerings. The park should also conduct market research to understand the willingness of visitors to pay a certain price for admission.

How can Lakeside Amusement Park maintain a balance between maximizing revenue and keeping prices affordable for visitors?

Lakeside Amusement Park can maintain this balance by offering a variety of ticket options at different price points, such as discounted tickets for children, seniors, and groups. The park can also offer promotions and discounts during slower periods to attract more visitors. Additionally, implementing cost-saving measures and negotiating favorable contracts with vendors can help keep prices affordable for visitors.

What role do customer satisfaction and retention play in maximizing revenue for Lakeside Amusement Park?

Customer satisfaction and retention are crucial in maximizing revenue for Lakeside Amusement Park. Satisfied and loyal customers are more likely to return to the park and spend money on tickets, food, and merchandise. By providing a positive and memorable experience, the park can also benefit from word-of-mouth marketing and positive reviews, which can attract new visitors and contribute to long-term revenue growth.