Weaver Messages 70 Reaction score 6 Thread starter May 12, 2017 #1 Homework Statement Homework EquationsThe Attempt at a Solution I don't know how to calculate part C) of the question. I'm unsure what saturation of a transistor refers too.
Homework Statement Homework EquationsThe Attempt at a Solution I don't know how to calculate part C) of the question. I'm unsure what saturation of a transistor refers too.
scottdave Science Advisor Homework Helper Insights Author Messages 2,009 Reaction score 988 May 12, 2017 #2 If the base voltage is greater than the collector voltage, then it is saturated. The more collector current, the higher voltage drop across Rc, which lowers the collector voltage.
If the base voltage is greater than the collector voltage, then it is saturated. The more collector current, the higher voltage drop across Rc, which lowers the collector voltage.
Weaver Messages 70 Reaction score 6 May 12, 2017 #3 Ok. So the maximum value would occur when the collector voltage is 0.6V also. If that is the case: The voltage across RC would be 11.4V The current IC would be 11.4/1000 = 11.4 mA. And with that , B would be (11.4 x 10-3)/(20 x 10-6) = 570
Ok. So the maximum value would occur when the collector voltage is 0.6V also. If that is the case: The voltage across RC would be 11.4V The current IC would be 11.4/1000 = 11.4 mA. And with that , B would be (11.4 x 10-3)/(20 x 10-6) = 570