Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maxwell3D-Howto simmulate 2AC electrodes putting into a pool

1. Dec 21, 2014 #1
    Dear All,
    I'd like to simulate the magnetic field produced by two AC electrodes putting into a pool (figure 1). I am using Ansoft Maxwell3D... but i don't know how to set excitation for an AC current in this case.
    image_question.jpg

the first test I put two current excitations at two ends of the electrodes (with no wire connecting between them), but it won't produce a symmetric magnetic field around each electrode.... (figure 2)
    No_wire.jpg

I draw a small wire (copper) connecting between 2 electrodes and put excitation on middle of the wire, but I dont know why the J field did not show a strong conduction zone in the water area (figure 3)
    with_a_wire.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2014 #2
    many thanks for seeing, i have solved it ok

4. Dec 23, 2014 #3
    Hi All,
    Sorry I wish to repost this question because I still have some problems with it. Please anyone can help me: how to simulate the magnetic field produced by 2 AC electrodes putting into a pool. I have an AC power (500Hz) with 2 electrodes, then I put the 2 two electrodes in two ends of a water channel. i would like to simulate the magnetic field produced around the water channel by using Ansoft Maxwell3D, i don't know which model should i use (eddy current or transient magnetic), and how to describe and set excitation for the AC eletrodes?
    problem.jpg

Thank you very much and best regards,

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook