Maxwell's Equations Tattoo: Ideas & Designs

In summary, the conversation revolved around getting a mathematical tattoo, with suggestions ranging from Maxwell's Equations to Euler's Formula and the Golden Ratio. Some participants shared their own experiences with tattoos, while others gave advice on trying out different designs before committing to one. There were also some humorous comments about tattoos on sensitive body parts. Ultimately, the group was split on whether or not getting a mathematically-themed tattoo was a good idea.
(at least the warm apple version of it)
I ended up getting some scarring from going all the way through. :frown:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Mk said:
You mean right above your ass?
We have to get guys to learn math somehow :biggrin:

Mk said:
You mean right above your ass?
I don't know about you guys, but getting math tattoos isn't quite as cool as getting... NOT math tattoos.
Dude, you are crazy. Getting a math tattoo IS cool because not many people do it. Getting something dumb like chinese writting or like a butterfly for a girl is just stupid because everyone has that ****.

By the way, I didn't get the tattoo. I am still thinking about it though.

I would personally go with Maxwell's Equations in derivative form. Don't forget to use the modified Ampere's Law or people might point and laugh.

If I were to meet a woman with a math tattoo I would probably ask her to marry me.

By the way, one of the issues with getting a tattoo while intoxicated (so I've heard) is that your blood is thinner so you will bleed more and the ink won't take as well.

TheStatutoryApe said:
If I were to meet a woman with a math tattoo I would probably ask her to marry me.

Agreed. *fantasizes about Keria Knightley doing algebraic geometry*

TheStatutoryApe said:
DeadWolfe said:
Agreed. *fantasizes about Keria Knightley doing algebraic geometry*
great now math tattoos aren't going to be cool as Keria and 1000s of others rush out to get them so they can marry you two.:rolleyes:

Cosmo16 said:
Im 99.9% sure it is. Look at the distortion around the "div align center"
You can see where the pixels are distorted around it, signs of a copy/paste.
Those aren't signs of a copy/paste, those are JPG compression artifacts. Though I still agree, it's probably PS'ed.

Shame he missed the obvious opportunity for <head><head/>

I want to get a tattoo of the proof of Fermat's last theorem...all 300 pages of it.