1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mean grade.

1. Nov 15, 2013 #1
    Hi Physics Forum.

I have just finished one of my exams, in my undergraduate physics program. I haven't yet received the result, but my gut feeling tells me that it hasn't gone as usual.

This makes me wonder, what the mean grade for the bachelor degree in Physics is (ore what a good average grade would be). So I would hear if there was anyone on PF who knows ?

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2013 #2
    Its pretty high. Most physics undergrads have grad school aspirations and as such they strive for straight As. I went to a big state school and most of my graduating class graduated with honors. I think the average graduation GPA was about 3.5.

4. Nov 15, 2013 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is dependent on geographical location, e.g., average grades in (parts of) Europe are substantially lower than average grades in North America.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook