1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mechanical engineer to aerospace engineer?

1. Mar 25, 2017 #1
    HI im a bit early for a 16years old and already think about it maybe but , my dream is to go in the space , which type of engineer goes in space?

And can i start from a mechanical engineer to a aerospace engineer ?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2017 #2
    Look at the bios of past astronauts :)

4. Mar 25, 2017 #3
    okay thank you ^^

5. Mar 25, 2017 #4
    At schools with a very good aero engineering program, I would take that route.

But better to graduate in Mech E with a great GPA at a school with a strong program than in Aero or Astro at a school with a mediocre program.

A number of schools are adding second-rate Aero/Astro Engineering programs. If a school only has a handful of Aero/Astro faculty and the program has a short and sketchy track record, I'd go Mech E.

6. Mar 25, 2017 #5
    Go with mechanical and you will always have more options, one of which is aerospace. If you choose to go to grad school in aerospace the ME degree will get you in without a problem because so few undergrads actually have degrees in aerospace engineering. The requirements for admission usually just state "an undergrad degree in engineering".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted